$15 worth of Amazon Vouchers, Forum Members only

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Ok, Antoxx is compiling a list of the top 25 ranked books by people only from this forum. I think it is a great idea as we as forum members have read a lot and we know each other better than the random public. Getting our insight on a book rating will be intriguing!

So, troll through all the books you love and look through the top 25. Give them a rating out of 10 with half marks allowed.

(From Antoxx)
They can rate any series/standalone they want, whether completed or not. If they've only read first book of a series and feel they can provide a rating that's OK too. If they have any specific queries they can ask. Lets make it as easy as possible.

So, just PM @Antoxx and you'll go into the draw. If you have already sent a list through previously, you are automatically entered.

First drawn person wins $10 voucher, 2nd drawn gets $5 voucher

Oh and here are some of the results so far, but don't let it sway you!
http://bestfantasybooks.com/forums/...ost-a-link-to-your-list.863/page-6#post-22883

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
ok yay but also I need amazon.com.au gift cards now! TOTALLY ANNOYING!!!

Danica,

I was feeling sorry for you about having been disappointed waiting for Words of Radiance a couple extra days and now the gift card thing. But now I just remembered.. Are you kidding me??? You live in GORGEOUS Australia!!!!! I live in Ida-hell. You should feel sorry for ME! :p I'm jealous!!! :arghh: My sister-in-law constantly tells me about the beauty and atmosphere in Australia. . You get the good end of the deal. A possible gift certificate and a two day late book is a small price to pay. Very very small price. ;):D

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
I should send you a photo of where I live, I see the beach from my kitchen and living room. I sometimes sleep on my lounge with the windows open so I can fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean. All of which is besides the point because I am broke and need to be fed books in order to live and I can only do that with the appropriate book vouchers because I refuse to use the one i have for amazon.com on books I WANT RIGHT NOW!! which sadly, is pretty much all of them :)

Darth Tater

I should send you a photo of where I live, I see the beach from my kitchen and living room. I sometimes sleep on my lounge with the windows open so I can fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean. All of which is besides the point because I am broke and need to be fed books in order to live and I can only do that with the appropriate book vouchers because I refuse to use the one i have for amazon.com on books I WANT RIGHT NOW!! which sadly, is pretty much all of them :)
Oh gee, Danica, way to poor salt in my open wounds! Better save some to sprinkle on your Duck Billed Platypus eggs you're having for breakfast on the beach tomorrow morning! :mad::rage::p:D

Yeah. I'm a glutton for punishment. :banghead:Send me a picture. I will message you my email.

Jon Snow

Staff member
I just sent my ratings but Im not sure if we can rate books that are not on the list or is this list only? What I mean is can I nominate a book that is not on the list?
Yes you can! But it will only count for the list at the end if there are 3 votes for it! Name it here so people can rank it if they wish.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Name it here so people can rank it if they wish.
Alright. :)
I nominate two:
Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathan Stroud - with rating of 9.5
Perdido Street Station -China Miéville - with rating of 9

I was tempted to nominate The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett, but the rest of the series has gone south, so maybe it's not worth it.

Jon Snow

Staff member
I nominate two:

I was tempted to nominate The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett, but the rest of the series has gone south, so maybe it's not worth it.
and two great books you have nominated. Love Bartimaeus Trilogy. If you haven't read Solomon's Ring, do so!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member

Antoxx

I nominate two:

You can provide a rating on anything even if you don't like it as the more ratings a series receives the more it reflects our overall members. So long as you're consistent annd honest in your ratings should all be good.

Antoxx

Have got more votes in and its having an impact on the ratings. Big movers are Bartimaeus trilogy which moves into top 10 and Dagger and Coin whichmoves onto the list, both at the expense of Abercrombie's Heroes and BSC. Will give a full update incorporating the rest of the votes on the weekend. Don't forget to send me your ratings if you haven't already done so (or wish to add more series to what you might have already sent).

Jon Snow

Staff member