A vampire book I read a long time ago...

Rae

Possibly a Darkfriend
My brother had a book about a vampire that I borrowed many years ago. Now all his books are packed up in our garage as he had moved out then back in and not all his stuff has been unloaded (most of it.) It's driving me crazy that I can't remember what this book is called. I've tried looking it up many times before with no luck. So hopefully I'll be lucky here! Help me out guys!!!

The book is about a young child who is raised centuries ago who everyone thought was a boy, even by the child itself. "He" was stronger and faster than all the girls and maybe a little more than boys. It wasn't until later that "he" realized "he" was actually a girl and a vampire. Fast forward a few centuries and she wakes up in a morgue after jumping out of a building. And she tells her story to the mortician she becomes friends with (This part might be wrongly remembered...) She had a mentor who was an older vampire than her and it recounts her journey towards this point. I want to say her name was Alex or Andy or something with an A, but I could be wrong. I believe the cover was black with red writing on it but that could be wrong as well. It was so long ago it's hard to remember everything.

Thanks guys!