A Year of Books App

markskindle

Possibly a Darkfriend
Are you guys following Mark Zuckerberg's 'A Year of Books' challenge?
You might want to check out my simple 'A Year of Books' app. It's beta and has some bugs but I'm working on it.

. Shows you the books read by Mark Zuckerberg.
. Gives a notification once he announces the next book.
. And also gives you all the important links about the book (Goodreads, Amazon, etc).

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear it!

P.S. The iOS version will be released soon.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure I'm speaking for the vast population of this little planet we live on when I say the following.

I don't give a toss what Mark Zuckerberg is reading.

If there was an app which told me what books @Boreas was reading, then that would be pretty cool. But then again, he normally posts things like that on here, so maybe even then I wouldn't download his app.

Good luck with your venture though - I hope you find a large and appreciative crowd to download your app!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
This. Only I'd probably insert a more profane 4-letter word for "toss."

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
"Toss" is pretty damn profane if used correctly.
But it's one of those words that seems really mild in the US. Like "fanny" has a totally different meaning here.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I'm sure I'm speaking for the vast population of this little planet we live on when I say the following.
At least not a lot of people on this forum would care. I'm pretty sure of that.
@markskindle As others have said good luck on your endeavor, but I don't think we're your crowd.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I know Americans use it in the word fanny pack. Which sounds hilarious to Brits. No wonder lol. Brits call that bum bag. Which sounds hilarious to me. In Bosnian we call that thing kidney. Which would probably be very confusing to most people. You can't win at these things :D

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Americans use it in the word fanny pack. Which sounds hilarious to Brits. No wonder lol. Brits call that bum bag. Which sounds hilarious to me. In Bosnian we call that thing kidney. Which would probably be very confusing to most people. You can't win at these things :D
I used to have an awesome bum bag, which I thought was amazing (I used it to carry round my Gameboy), but looking back I guess I must've looked like a bit of a fanny! :happy:

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
So Australians would carry the fanny bag up front, while Americans put it on bass ackwards?