Allan Batchelder, author of the Immortal Treachery series, will answer your questions!

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Khartun, Aug 22, 2015.

1. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Charge $4.99 and see if your sales increase. What do you have to lose? In other words, charge what it's worth.

2. ABatch

ABatch Ran bridges next to Kaladin

3. Khartun

Khartun Journeyed there and back again

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

5. ABatch

6. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

Voted! I also added the Abject God by the way. It's somewhere near the bottom of the list now, but still.

upload_2017-7-5_8-30-22.png

I really don't understand some additions to this list. There's lots of stuff there for example by Hobbs which no one in his/her right mind would qualify as Grimdark. Numerous other examples abound. Anyways, the top spots are pretty much all Grimdark or Grimdark-ish (and proto-Grimdark).

I think we should at leats be able to pushSteel, Blood & Fire to place 50, where it will stand besides some of the Black Company books. It only needs about 12 votes for that (we're at 7 now).

7. ABatch

Wow! Thank you very, very much!

8. ABatch

Hey, I'm gonna be Reddit's Author-of-the-Day on Monday, the fourth (Labor Day, here in the U.S.). Drop in and ask me a question or three!

9. ABatch

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

I signed up for Reddit yesterday in anticipation of this. However, despite several different attempts at "Googling" I cannot locate it. Could you provide a link?

11. Noor Al-Shanti

Noor Al-Shanti Stood on the wall with Druss

12. ABatch

13. ABatch

14. kenubrion

Will do, Allan. Save me some time and list your books between Oct 2016 and Sept 2017.

Edit: never mind, it's The Abject God by Allan Batchelder. I actually figured that out all by myself.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  15. ABatch

Well, I was actually thinking of Steel, Blood & Fire. If I can't get 'em to read book one, there's no point in promoting the others, eh?

16. kenubrion

Says it has to have been published Oct 1 2016-Sept 1 2017. I'll go back and nominate that as well.

17. ABatch

Well, that's what comes of reading instructions!

18. kenubrion

Hi Allan, check your inbox for a note about the Amazon fantasy forum being closed forever on the 6th. All Amazon forums I should say.