Anyone else need breaks in between sequels?

Do you need a break in between sequels?

• Of course not, in fact I read most of a series all at once.is more my thing.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Nope, I can read one book in a series after the other easily.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I believe we've found some common ground.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Alice Sabo

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
I'm reading a bunch of series that are trad pubbed and come out about once a year. Because of that, I've grown used to looking for other stuff while the next one comes out. However, I did shoot through all 9 books of the Temeraire series this year. I just fell in love with that dragon and luckily, they had all been published.

I'm excited to see that Lois McMaster Bujold is self-pubbing her new novella series - Penric and Desdamona. They are coming out much more quickly which means I can read them closer together.

The bard`s song

Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon
I have changed my reading Habits only buying/reading fully completed series and finish one series before moving on.
As I Limit myself to physical copies and German Versions there is not always so much to choose from. Although having maybe 5 or 6 complete series (and not the shortes ones) waiting for me I already look around for the next Options.
My wife thinks I am crazy but I have experienced that sometimes the physical copies get sold out pretty fast and it is quite hard to find them.
I paid quite some Money for "The Born Queen" (some might say they would not even take it for free) or several books of "Crown of Stars".
MAYBE I will squeeze in a standalone in between a very Long series (6 books +).

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
I have changed my reading Habits only buying/reading fully completed series and finish one series before moving on.
As I Limit myself to physical copies and German Versions there is not always so much to choose from. Although having maybe 5 or 6 complete series (and not the shortes ones) waiting for me I already look around for the next Options.
My wife thinks I am crazy but I have experienced that sometimes the physical copies get sold out pretty fast and it is quite hard to find them.
I paid quite some Money for "The Born Queen" (some might say they would not even take it for free) or several books of "Crown of Stars".
MAYBE I will squeeze in a standalone in between a very Long series (6 books +).
You're buying used paperbacks, right? That's how I bought all the Crown of Stars books. Maybe German translations might not exist in paperbacks?

The bard`s song

Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon
You're buying used paperbacks, right? That's how I bought all the Crown of Stars books. Maybe German translations might not exist in paperbacks?
Yes Crown of Stars I had to buy used. There have been 2 Editions in German for the first 5 books - in the first published Versions original books have been split into 2 books each.
After a while the original books have been published and also books 6 and 7. None of the books is still available new.
In the end I was able to hunt them all down. Especially book 6 seems to be quite rare and it took a while until I found it for an acceptable Price.

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
Yes Crown of Stars I had to buy used. There have been 2 Editions in German for the first 5 books - in the first published Versions original books have been split into 2 books each.
After a while the original books have been published and also books 6 and 7. None of the books is still available new.
In the end I was able to hunt them all down. Especially book 6 seems to be quite rare and it took a while until I found it for an acceptable Price.
Well hopefully Kate is still following me around and will see your comments and correct this situation. Merry