Anyone on goodreads?

Nuomer1

Journeyed there and back again
Nice idea!
A bit of detective work had already given me some of those, but not all - and its interesting to follow up via the 'Compare Books' button - that will need further investigation!
OK, this is me.
We don't have enough yet - but when there are a couple of dozen people willing to publish their identities like this, is someone going to tabulate the results? Or put them in a spreadsheet?

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
I didn't know about the "compare books" feature before. It's kind of addicting and rather fun to do so. I think I'll add some more ratings to have better scoring parameters. Just need to remember what I've read...

Nuomer1

Hi Khartun
Got your 'Friends' request on Goodreads.
Nothing personal, but I tend to restrict my Facebook and Goodreads friends to people I have known for a long time, and ideally meet F2F occasionally I tried being more 'open' a couple of years ago on Facebook and picked up a strange bloke that was rather difficult to get rid of. I'm sure you know the type, and can recognise the problem!
I also tried to send this message via Goodreads and got a notification that you aren't accepting messages . . . presumably 'except from friends'.
So when we have exchanged comments on BFB a few times and know each other rather better, please feel free to try again - but for the moment, you have been politely declined. Sorry.

jo zebedee

I am on Goodreads, but I don't actively seek friends on there. Not because I'm unsociable but because any reviews show as a friend's review, which looks less kosher than a general review. I think Goodreads needs to look at that, actually, because a lot of my writer friends are the same and we're all voracious readers, too, so it's a pity the platforms are merged.

Andrew.J

I'm now on Goodreads too! I sent out many friend requests and I would be very happy if you accepted them. :p My username and profile picture are the same as here.
Thanks @Khartun for adding me.

You're now my top and only friend! :D

P.S. Don't mind the disproportionately large amount of children's literatre literature on my shelves, 2 hours last night wasn't enough to sort everything out.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I'm now on Goodreads too! I sent out many friend requests and I would be very happy if you accepted them. :p My username and profile picture are the same as here.
Thanks @Khartun for adding me.

You're now my top and only friend! :D

P.S. Don't mind the disproportionately large amount of children's literatre literature on my shelves, 2 hours last night wasn't enough to sort everything out.
Accepted!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
How's everyone getting on with their Goodreads challenges? Only a couple weeks left!

rudyjuly2

How's everyone getting on with their Goodreads challenges? Only a couple weeks left!
Great! I don't read as much as some of you here. In the past I've read around 15 books a year. This year I've read 25 @543 pages per book on average. Easily my record and I'm on book 3 of WOT. I will definitely finish that by the end of the month for a record 26 books this year. I love my Paperwhite!

How about you?

(You can set a challenge at the beginning of the year for yourself Matticus).

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member