Ask me anything

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Just curious, because I don't see your name on the AMA schedule - this isn't one of the official AMA's that the subreddit hosts, but your own invention? It may be easier to attract attention if officially hosted, because they will 'flair' your post (make it more visible).

I'll keep watch of the thread though, good luck with it!

jo zebedee

Journeyed there and back again
Just curious, because I don't see your name on the AMA schedule - this isn't one of the official AMA's that the subreddit hosts, but your own invention? It may be easier to attract attention if officially hosted, because they will 'flair' your post (make it more visible).

I'll keep watch of the thread though, good luck with it!
Apparently the schelded ones are only for well known authors - but yes it has been set up and agreed with Reddit. Whether anything else should have been done, I'm not sure....

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Ah it's because in reddit terms, you're not an AMA author, but a fantasy writer of the day. Same event, just different categories. It seems to be going well.

PS: Some links to your site and/or books in the opening post might be a good idea, so if anyone is intrigued, they can check them out directly.

jo zebedee

Ah it's because in reddit terms, you're not an AMA author, but a fantasy writer of the day. Same event, just different categories. It seems to be going well.

PS: Some links to your site and/or books in the opening post might be a good idea, so if anyone is intrigued, they can check them out directly.
It seems to be ticking along. I'm quite shy about direct marketing - but I see one person has linked to a nice review of Inish Carraig. I could add my website addy - it has links on it. :)

Any specific questions you'd like to be asked, @jo zebedee?
You just asked a great one! Thank you!

Matticus Primal

I'll be happy to ask another, or a followup to feature anything you'd like. And I'm sure you've got a lot of friends around this site and others who would be happy to help out as well. So feel free to seed the field.

I second Tanniel's suggestion of links to books up top, as well as your website/ blog/ facebook. This is a big opportunity for them to get to know you as an author, so you should make it as easy as possible. And they're already buying into any potential marketing by clicking on the AMA link in the first place, so don't waste the chance.

Also, I don't have many readers, but I'm also linking your AMA on my book's FB page.