Author from the Shire on quest for publication!

M.R.J. Luscombe from DevonShire, England is on a quest and requires the support of 250 kind folk who would love to see their name printed in every copy of Britain's Next Best Seller, The Traveller. Or just lovely folk who, from the kindness of their hearts, enjoy supporting the books they love to read - like mine! You will, trust me!

You do not pay for the book until 250 have pre-ordered the book within the 3 month period, starting the 1st of June 2015. And it is also cheaper during this time, so what are you waiting for?

You are waiting for a glimpse at what I have to offer! Maybe some beautiful fantasy concept art will entice you, and a contrasting sample of the book, with blurb included? How does that sound?

Follow me swiftly to Britain's Next Best Seller and seek me out, The Traveller by M.R.J. Luscombe!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
This post is in the appropriate sub-forum. However, you started a similar thread yesterday. We don't specifically have a rule against repeat posting like this, but my guess is that if you didn't get any responses the first time, you probably won't get any this time either. And you may start to annoy people if you start new self-promotion threads every day.

A much better way to get attention for your work would be to participate in some of the other discussions on this site. If we know what you like to read, and what you think about books a lot of us have read, we will be better able to gauge our own potential interest in your writing.

This post is in the appropriate sub-forum. However, you started a similar thread yesterday. We don't specifically have a rule against repeat posting like this, but my guess is that if you didn't get any responses the first time, you probably won't get any this time either. And you may start to annoy people if you start new self-promotion threads every day.

A much better way to get attention for your work would be to participate in some of the other discussions on this site. If we know what you like to read, and what you think about books a lot of us have read, we will be better able to gauge our own potential interest in your writing.
Hey Sneaky burrito.
Thank you for your advice. Are you a forum member or do you work on this website?

It was not my intention to annoy you or anybody.

The books I have read did not inspire my book. My travels, astral travels, dreams, music and personal life experiences of the super natural and the emotional inspired my book.
I do not recycle what is already out there, but delve into the worlds many are afraid of and turn it into, well I am probably talking to the wrong person.

Thank you again. I will heed your advice.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Hey Sneaky burrito.
Thank you for your advice. Are you a forum member or do you work on this website?

It was not my intention to annoy you or anybody.

The books I have read did not inspire my book. My travels, astral travels, dreams, music and personal life experiences of the super natural and the emotional inspired my book.
I do not recycle what is already out there, but delve into the worlds many are afraid of and turn it into, well I am probably talking to the wrong person.

Thank you again. I will heed your advice.
Are shrooms even legal in England?

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Just a moderator. Started out as a regular member.

Nuomer1

Journeyed there and back again
Are shrooms even legal in England?
Nope! Not when I was at University in any case ;)
Difficult one! Standard practice/Police internal advice (in Newcastle a few years ago) was "If it is dried or otherwise preserved or prepared for cooking, its illegal. If it's fresh, you can claim to be a mycology student." (In this latter case, it is a good idea if you do at least know the names of the mycology professor)

Richard

Hung out on a briar with Honorable Jorg
Difficult one! Standard practice/Police internal advice (in Newcastle a few years ago) was "If it is dried or otherwise preserved or prepared for cooking, its illegal. If it's fresh, you can claim to be a mycology student." (In this latter case, it is a good idea if you do at least know the names of the mycology professor)
How do you know so much about this subject? :)

Olli Tooley

Knows the real name of Lower Corte
Well, he did get his publishing deal in the end.
Dunno if M J R Luscombe is still on here, but regardless of the slightly overzealous self promo, I congratulate him on getting his 250 pre-orders.
He has also led me to discover a British based (?) self publishing crowdfunder site; similar, it would appear, to Inkshares.
I am now already well down the Kickstarter route, and have already commissioned an artist to do a painting for my book cover, the editor is at least halfway through my M/S and I have the printer lined up, so I will carry on with that plan.