Avast! its pirate day

Bierschneeman

Journeyed there and back again
More specifically " international speak like a pirate day" but it got me thinking, are there any 'good' pirate books in the fantasy genre for adults? The only books i can think of at all are treasure island and Peter pan, both intended for kids.

More pirate nonsense to come

Bierschneeman

Pirate jokes.

What's a pirates favorite sock?
ARGyle

What's a pirates favorite state?
ARkansas

What's a pirates favorite country?
ARmenia

What's a pirates favorite pet?
Parrot

Dudummm

What's a pirate call it when he eavedrops?
Private ear

What's a pirate call the knife he uses to pierce his GFs ear?
Cut lass

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you make a pirate angry?

Take away the p

:happy:

On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers is pirate based. I didn't like it, but plenty do!

Bierschneeman

More pirate nonsense!

I found out two weeks ago there's a style of music called 'pirate metal' .

Generally its metal done to the tune of sea shanties, with lots of pirate lingo, but they vary.

Alestorm Is a popular band in UK that plays very like power metal.

Swashbuckle plays similar to black metal, but invoking pirates instead of the devil.

And if you want to laugh 'dread crew of oddwood' plays acoustic metal, while they cut down puppets in their music videos

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Isn't there some pirate stuff in Liveship Traders? Captain Kennit?

More on pirates: Black Sails is an awesome series. Lots of blood and gore and scarcely clad human specimens. Good stuff!

In the same vein: google the movie Pirates. I guarantee it will not disappoint.

Kalavan

I'll just assume that sky piracy does count, since I cannot pass an occasion to mention and recommend my favorite steampunk series, the Tales of the Ketty Jay

kenubrion

Isn't there some pirate stuff in Liveship Traders? Captain Kennit?

More on pirates: Black Sails is an awesome series. Lots of blood and gore and scarcely clad human specimens. Good stuff!

In the same vein: google the movie Pirates. I guarantee it will not disappoint.
Silvio, is it Black Sails 1715 by Allen Balogh? Also in checking that out a book called Master of War by David Gilman is a customers-also-bought rec by Amazon. Description sounds the same as The Ill-Made Knight by Christian Cameron, starts with the Hundred Years War and follows one guy from England joining to fight the French.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Silvio, is it Black Sails 1715 by Allen Balogh? Also in checking that out a book called Master of War by David Gilman is a customers-also-bought rec by Amazon. Description sounds the same as The Ill-Made Knight by Christian Cameron, starts with the Hundred Years War and follows one guy from England joining to fight the French.
I think so kenubrion. Thing is, I was talking about the tv-series (I should have specified). Reading the description though I think the tv-series is based on that book.