Best Fantasy Books Blog

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Jon Snow, Jul 10, 2009.

1. afa

afa Journeyed there and back again

I don't think they will. The price gap is large enough that they don't need to drop the Paperwhite to sell them.

It's a shame, though, that they have no major competition. My first couple of readers were Barnes & Noble's Nook and the Nook Touch. The latter, in particular, was very good. Better designed, I think, than the Kindle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Jon Snow

Jon Snow No Power in the Verse can stop me Staff Member

Ha, I think about the same thing, but I can't justify the newer ones. I don't think an upgrade is worth it when you think about the price vs the upgrade. If the Oasis was Voyager price, you might think about it. But that the moment...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jon Snow

4. Jon Snow

5. Jon Snow

6. ABatch

ABatch Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Ouch! Steel, Blood & Fire was unceremoniously bounced from the first round of the Mark Lawrence Fantasy Blog-Off, 2016. Thank god for my friends at Best Fantasy Books!

7. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

We've got your back ABatch! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

How ironic. Immortal Treachery is better than Mark Lawrence's two series but the panelists say it's not as good as the new indies? They must really be good then. Actually I've read/sampled most of the top 10 from last year. Not even in the same multiverse as Immortal Treachery.

9. ABatch

ABatch Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Well, in life, I'm not in competition with Mark. There's room for all of us. Surely, we have to earn our place; I just haven't gotten there yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

You've written four excellent books of a great epic fantasy series. My guess is most of the submitters are first timers. You've written one less book than Mark. You're there Allan.