Best Fantasy Books Blog

afa

Journeyed there and back again
Additionally, perhaps the Paperwhite prices drop now that the new ones are out.
I don't think they will. The price gap is large enough that they don't need to drop the Paperwhite to sell them.

It's a shame, though, that they have no major competition. My first couple of readers were Barnes & Noble's Nook and the Nook Touch. The latter, in particular, was very good. Better designed, I think, than the Kindle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
I do not do anything with my paperwhite other than read. Given that, should I start considering the upgrade? I mean, in terms of the clarity is it worth $200? I am very happy with what I have but with all the time I spend reading two hundred dollars is not much at all.
Ha, I think about the same thing, but I can't justify the newer ones. I don't think an upgrade is worth it when you think about the price vs the upgrade. If the Oasis was Voyager price, you might think about it. But that the moment...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive.

kenubrion

How ironic. Immortal Treachery is better than Mark Lawrence's two series but the panelists say it's not as good as the new indies? They must really be good then. Actually I've read/sampled most of the top 10 from last year. Not even in the same multiverse as Immortal Treachery.

kenubrion

Well, in life, I'm not in competition with Mark. There's room for all of us. Surely, we have to earn our place; I just haven't gotten there yet.
You've written four excellent books of a great epic fantasy series. My guess is most of the submitters are first timers. You've written one less book than Mark. You're there Allan.