Best Sci-Fi books about Time Travel

I'd like to read some books about time travel and the like. i've read The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold. it was a good book and posted some interesting ideas. what books do you recommend?

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
If you like Heinlein, try Time Enough for Love.

Heinlein probably has a few other time travel books, but I haven't read tons of his stuff. Of course, there's The Time Traveller by HG Welles, if you like classics.

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
The Time Traveller was decent.

Anne McCaffery's Dragonflight is just horrendous imo

The Light of other Days, by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter, it deals with time travel in an oblique but fascinating way. People can't actually travel trough time themselves, but an advanced wormhole-based camera system dubbed the Worm Cam allows them to view any location in the universe at any point in history.

btkong

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
The Anubis Gate by Tim Powers; kind of sci-fi, kind of fantasy, and a blend of different genres, but one of the best time travel books I've read.

+1 Vote on Hyperion; some great Time Travel ideas in the series

Ilium (Dan Brown). Another interesting take on the whole Time Travel theme -- this one about Greek Gods.

The Anubis Gate by Tim Powers; kind of sci-fi, kind of fantasy, and a blend of different genres, but one of the best time travel books I've read.

+1 Vote on Hyperion; some great Time Travel ideas in the series

Ilium (Dan Brown). Another interesting take on the whole Time Travel theme -- this one about Greek Gods.

Absolutely love Illium and Olympos, (by Dan Simmons by the way) fascinating books! You pretty much can't go wrong with anything by Simmons. Endymion and Rise of Endymion are even better than the Hyperion books. It definitely is helpful if you read the Hyperion books before Endymion though. He also has a couple of my favorite horror books as well, Carrion Comfort and Song of Kali.

Lev Daert

Philosophizes with Kellhus
A matter of time by Glen Cook,

It's more about the characters than any science stuff. If you like his style, give it a go.

Obscenic

Told lies with Locke
You may like Timeline by Michael Crichton. It's definitely not his best book, but I really enjoyed it. If you're interested in 14th century France or the 100 Years War, you'll probably enjoy it.

Lev Daert

You may like Timeline by Michael Crichton. It's definitely not his best book, but I really enjoyed it. If you're interested in 14th century France or the 100 Years War, you'll probably enjoy it.
I really liked that one, michael crichton was a very good writer.

Lev Daert

I'm reading The Fall of Hyperion... just read chapter 33. just wow.
This book really does some crazy things with the concept of time.

“No Enemy But time” by Michael Bishop
- Is a challenging and highly original novel exploring the nature and origins of mankind.
“Bid Time Return “by Richard Matheson
-Is a time travel romance.
These two are my favorite time travel books. You will definitely find this interesting. And now I’m currently reading “Blackout” by Connie Willis .

A Christmas Carol is probably the first in the genre. ;-) Okay, the REAL first in the genre is of course The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. A bit primitive in today's standards, but a good read. The End of Eternity by Asimov is my favorite, and the only book ever to introduce the idea of trading goods between different times.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Don’t worry I'll suggest you an easy way. Here is a blog which will share the information about an iPhone app. This iPhone app is known has mysifilibrary. This is my favorite and helps me get the ebook in few seconds.
Myscifilibrary has a long list of award winning books: myscifilibrary.com
This is the link for an iPhone app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id628452917
What do you know, the link isn't trying to send you to a malware site. But I've got to agree with Alucard.