BFB Members Rankings List

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
He could just post in in dropbox account so that way whenever he updates the file on his PC, it would be automatically reflected in the version available online. Basically giving us always updated version on hand without having to send files individually or to send different versions of the file at different times.

Antoxx

Journeyed there and back again
Apologies all, I've been hiding under a rock. Actually I went on holiday with the family and unplugged myself then came back to a mountain of work and been playing catch up ever since. Happy to send through the full list, but first will give any members the chance who don't want their scores to be seen by others the opportunity to opt out. So if you don't want your scores revealed to others PM me and I'll remove you.

The scores are in excel and not sure how to use dropbox so anybody thatwants the file PM me with an email address and I'll attach for you.

ofer

Apologies all, I've been hiding under a rock. Actually I went on holiday with the family and unplugged myself then came back to a mountain of work and been playing catch up ever since. Happy to send through the full list, but first will give any members the chance who don't want their scores to be seen by others the opportunity to opt out. So if you don't want your scores revealed to others PM me and I'll remove you.

The scores are in excel and not sure how to use dropbox so anybody thatwants the file PM me with an email address and I'll attach for you.
Welcome back. I was half afraid you went a-wall and opened a pub in Darujisthan. ;)

I have no problem with you sending my scores. Maybe even someone will read the only book I credited with 10 (alas, it seems that only me and Ben have read this book).
I'll PM you with my email address.

Darth Tater

Hey, I was wondering where you were. Good to here from you. Yes, I would like a list too, please. You should already have my email addy. Let me know if you don't. You can include my scores although I am sure more than one will be very unpopular one way or the other. :D

Last edited:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I don't even remember half of what I rated. I don't care one way or the other.

ofer

And @Antoxx , since you resumed you duties a few more scores:

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher - 8
Swan's War trilogy by Sean Russell - 7.5
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov - 10 (didn't rate it until now because I didn't consider it fantasy but a few people here did so who am I to argue).

Darth Tater

:spam:
And @Antoxx , since you resumed you duties a few more scores:

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher - 8
Swan's War trilogy by Sean Russell - 7.5
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov - 10 (didn't rate it until now because I didn't consider it fantasy but a few people here did so who am I to argue).

Boo hiss! Only 7.5 for Swans War? j/k :D. I'm 3/4 through book one and this might become my favorite series ever. It appears relatively unknown as it scored only 11 to 11 on two combined lists. Basically what Ben described so I won't waste time rattling off an inferior description. I also won't recommend it (it isn't gritty) but I personally plan to give it a VERY high rating.

I now understand why people described Russel as being very descriptive. He exhibits an inordinate fondness for describing the weather and shadows but he limits them to a couple of lines and does a great job of it. I'm loving the flow and pace of the book.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
@Antoxx while ofer is at it, let me put down few of my scores I haven't sent before as well:
The Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko - 9
The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski - 10
War for the Oaks by Emma Bull - 7
Demon Cycle series by Peter V. Brett - 3
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - 9
Perdido Street Station by China Mieville - 10
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susana Clarke - 8
Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud - 9
Ombria in Shadow by Patricia A. McKillip - 4
Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern - 4
Coraline by Neil Gaiman - 7
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett - 9
The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley - 6

ofer

Boo hiss! Only 7.5 for Swans War? j/k :D.
Lol YOU should be glad that I'm even deigning to speak to you after the demolition job you did on Amber. :p

On a more serious note, though, 7.5 roughly translates in my own personal rankings as like. And now that I realized you liked Russell so much, I think you should definitely pick up Tad Williams' books at some point. Both have the same feel. 7.5 was the score I gave Shadowmarch, and I rated other Williams books even higher.

Boreas

Staff member
Hi @Antoxx, I'm fine with my scores being shown. Plus, I emailed you more ratings.

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I WOULD WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT BOOKS!!!

it's not like I come on here to share my personal opinions on books I read.

MY GOD! SUCH arrogence