Book deals and discounts (post here)

Discussion in 'Amazon Kindle Book Flash Sales' started by Alucard, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

I think we need this thread. Post here for all the book deals you find on amazon or any other site that you find interesting for fantasy readers.

Help support Best Fantasy Books!

(copying btkong's link from the other thread)
    Use our affiliate link to the kindle store so we can make that $.05-.10 cents on that .99-$1.99 book you are buying on the cheap!

No self-promotion please. For that purpose go here.

edit by Jon Snow: If there is an expiry date, please state that in the post as well. Otherwise, great thread!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. Alucard

Current deals in horror. Click on image for a link. Price is 1.99$ for kindle ebook.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Alucard

4. btkong

btkong Journeyed there and back again Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alucard

Thanks btkong, this is a great idea.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

6. Alucard

Little bit of sci-fi for 1.99 $ at Barnes & Nobles.
    It's also 1.99$ at amazon. Use the affiliate link to the kindle store to help support BFB.

If you want to read other ebooks on your kindle, or kindle books on your kobo or any combo you can imagine, like this here nook book on kindle/kobo, you will need Calibre (ebook management program) and you need to google Apprentice Alf. That's all I'm willing to say. Key word here is DRM, and whether or not you chose to remove it from your own purchased books is your choice.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  7. ofer

ofer Journeyed there and back again

Same book on Amazon on 1.99$. I read it about a year ago. SF with a bit (not much) of Pratchett humor in it. I found it ok but nothing remarkable, but now for 1.99$ you can find out for yourself.

Edit : if one of the moderators wanna add the link with the BFB affiliate in it, you have my thanks. I don't know how.
    2nd edit - Ok I get it. Need to go to Amazon via the link in the first post and then to go to the Pratchett book.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  8. Alucard

Yeah, just saw it and I edited my post accordingly.

9. Alucard

• Like Like x 1
  10. btkong

btkong Journeyed there and back again Staff Member

I'm consistently amazed at how cheap some of the ebooks by popular authors are on Amazon for the kindle with these sales are -- it's taken a LONG time for it to happen, but finally we are seeing the price ebooks SHOULD be (.99-$2) with some of these sales!

11. Alucard

Blindsight by Peter Watts is free for download on author's site. You can download pdf, mobi (kindle format) or epub from this link.

http://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

#24 on Top 25 Best Science-Fiction books, I just noticed btkong also knew this :)

12. ofer

ofer Journeyed there and back again

Don't know if it counts as a steep discount, but Illium by Dan Simmons is currently sold in Amazon for 3.99$ (usual price 8.99$). For anyone who loved Hyperion, it's another chance to read another SF book by Simmons. Besides, it's a pretty damn good book by itself. It is the first book of a 2-book series (the second one being Olympos).

13. Alucard

Little bit of sci-fi...
    Wool Omnibus (1-5) by Hugh Howey is free on kobobooks.com if you apply this code: WOOLBAKKA
    It's also DRM-free so you can convert it for your kindle easy if you use Calibre. (I suggest converting it to azw3 format).
    Make sure that you set USA as the country in your payment settings, because it's not available internationally.
    And if you use paypal option at payment screen, you don't have to add your credit card information, just apply the code and the price is 0.00$.
    You don't have to have paypal account, just choose that option.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  14. Khartun

Khartun Journeyed there and back again

Awesome, thanks @Alucard. I've been wanting to check this out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

If any friendly forum member wants to email me these (for kindle) once downloaded, I'd be ever so appreciative :) ((does 100 credits per book sound fair ??))

16. Alucard

hehe Tom...that would be pirating lol

Just download the Calibre program and convert the files yourself
    Calibre

It's really user friendly. I promise.

17. TomTB

Arr me hearties, shiver me timbers, I'd be fired to Davey Jones' Locker!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Alucard

Haha, something like that. Just download Calibre. Both the installation and conversion of the file, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. And you won't be breaking any laws either, since the epub is DRM-free.

19. TomTB

I like the way your sentences progress from easily understandable English into weird foreign gobbledygook !

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alucard

eh?