Book deals and discounts (post here)

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone else use eReaderIQ (I'm sure I heard about it from someone on here)? It's technologically rather easy (which as you've gathered is rather important for me), you simply choose a load of authors you like, then you get an email whenever one of their eBooks drops in price.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker, last year big debut with lots of positive ratings is also 1.99$ on amazon.
I wanted to get this book before, now I have even better reason to do it now :)
affiliate link to the kindle store

Also, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson is 2.99$. Not bad for 1000 pages.

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
Amazon deals:
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. 1.99$.
There's also an Agatha Christie book for 1.99$. That's one for you @Darth Tater .
Both deals expire tomorrow 08:00 London time.

Oh, and here is the BFB link for guys like me who are way too lazy to scroll to the first page:

@ofer

Thanks. Great job looking out!!

Typing "Agatha Christie Kindle deal " I found "Secret Adversary" for $1.99 which I recently completed after getting it free. (likely a slightly different edition and the only Christie offered free). But then typing "Kindle Daily Deal" I found "A Murder is Announced" for $1.99 and which is probably the one you referred to and which I happily purchased.

Gaiman's American Gods" (deluxe version) was previously removed from my TBR list after discussing it here and learning it was probably (as feared) too bizarre for my tastes.

However, I perused the deals page further and found an additional gem "100 Ray Bradbury Stories" for a mere $1.99 and bought that too. Others may want to consider that one.

Again, thank you very much for drawing my attention to this offer. I got two (2) fantastic books for under $4.00!!

Last edited:

Alucard

Staff member
Can I say "One of the best books ever" without sounding too childish? GO GET IT you lucky Iphone users.
It's very difficult for me to read on iPhone. It's too small. But iPad will do.
Anyway, I have an android tablet, and this book could be in Google Play too. I say could, because I don't know. My google play store is Japanese, so I can't see.
If you have an android tablet with US store maybe you can check? Publisher is GoodBook Classics.

Anyway I heard it's one of the fantasy classics this one :)

ofer

Journeyed there and back again
It's very difficult for me to read on iPhone. It's too small. But iPad will do.
Anyway, I have an android tablet, and this book could be in Google Play too. I say could, because I don't know. My google play store is Japanese, so I can't see.
If you have an android tablet with US store maybe you can check? Publisher is GoodBook Classics.
Sorry, not in the US and don't have an android tablet. Just an account in Amazon US that I opened way back. I'm sure other members here could help you, though.

Another Amazon deal : The Invincible by Stanislaw Lem for 0.99$. Lem is one of the Classic SF authors from mid-20th century. Deal expires in 23 hours.

Alucard

Staff member
Sorry, not in the US and don't have an android tablet. Just an account in Amazon US that I opened way back. I'm sure other members here could help you, though.
That's ok. It's not for me, it's for other users who don't have ipads, but android tablets. I already downloaded my copy from itunes :)

Alucard

Staff member
Not fantasy, but historical fiction. Books that have inspired great GRRM to write ASOIAF
The Iron King (The Accursed Kings, Book 1) by Maurice Druon 1.99$ at amazon
The Shining by Stephen King, also 1.99$.

Alucard

Staff member
The Red Knight by Miles Cameron is 1.99$ on amazon.
Also for all the fans of True Detective, from the mind of the guy who gave us that candy, Galveston: A Novel by Nic Pizzolatto is 2.99$ on amazon. (disclaimer: not a fantasy book)
Synopsis:
From the creator, writer, and executive producer of the HBO crime series True Detective, comes a dark and visceral literary debut set along the seedy wastelands of Galveston.

On the same day that Roy Cady is diagnosed with a terminal illness, he senses that his boss, a dangerous loan-sharking bar-owner, wants him dead. Known “without affection” to members of the boss’s crew as “Big Country” on account of his long hair, beard, and cowboy boots, Roy is alert to the possibility that a routine assignment could be a deathtrap. Which it is. Yet what the would-be killers do to Roy Cady is not the same as what he does to them, which is to say that after a smoking spasm of violence, they are mostly dead and he is mostly alive.

Before Roy makes his getaway, he realizes there are two women in the apartment, one of them still breathing, and he sees something in her frightened, defiant eyes that causes a fateful decision. He takes her with him as he goes on the run from New Orleans to Galveston, Texas—an action as ill-advised as it is inescapable. The girl’s name is Rocky, and she is too young, too tough, too sexy—and far too much trouble. Roy, Rocky, and her sister hide in the battered seascape of Galveston’s country-western bars and fleabag hotels, a world of treacherous drifters, pickup trucks, and ashed-out hopes. Any chance that they will find safety there is soon lost. Rocky is a girl with quite a story to tell, one that will pursue and damage Roy for a very long time to come.

Recalling the moody violence of the early novels of Cormac McCarthy and Denis Johnson, this powerful, potent, and atmospheric thriller is impossible to put down. Constructed with maximum tension and haunting aftereffect, written in darkly beautiful prose, Galveston announces the arrival of a major new literary talent.

Alucard

Staff member
Man, I can't believe how much I paid for that when I bought it, and it's not even inflation-adjusted .
I've known to have regrets like that too lol
Best strategy for buying ebooks, is put everything on your wishlist at amazon, or plan to read list at Goodreads (then connect it to luzme.com or similar service), and when the price drops, buy.
This really works for me because I have over 400 books on my plan to read list at Goodreads. Granted, not all of them are available as ebooks, but a lot of them are, and this strategy pays off big time.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
This thread is going to be bad for my credit card balance -- even WITH everything at like $2. As if I didn't already give Amazon enough of my money...