Book deals and discounts (post here)

ofer

Journeyed there and back again
I've known to have regrets like that too lol
Best strategy for buying ebooks, is put everything on your wishlist at amazon, or plan to read list at Goodreads (then connect it to luzme.com or similar service), and when the price drops, buy.
This really works for me because I have over 400 books on my plan to read list at Goodreads. Granted, not all of them are available as ebooks, but a lot of them are, and this strategy pays off big time.
400? Respect.

I've learned to be philosophical about those things. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The worst case was buying one of Abercrombie's standalones for a full price a year and a half ago, only to find out the book as Amazon deal of the day 18 hours later. On the other hand, I picked up a 40$ discount on the Malazan books half a year ago (Amazon issued a new ebook with all 10 Malazan books and pushed the price down for the first 48 hours) so it tends to even itself out.

This thread is going to be bad for my credit card balance -- even WITH everything at like $2. As if I didn't already give Amazon enough of my money...
Look at it this way - you're improving your long-term credit rating. Besides, I seem to remember you said that you had nothing to space the Dresden books, so there. :)

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
400? Respect.
I've learned to be philosophical about those things. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The worst case was buying one of Abercrombie's standalones for a full price a year and a half ago, only to find out the book as Amazon deal of the day 18 hours later. On the other hand, I picked up a 40$ discount on the Malazan books half a year ago (Amazon issued a new ebook with all 10 Malazan books and pushed the price down for the first 48 hours) so it tends to even itself out.
I've been on Goodreads for 3 years now. Just adding books casually, but the number adds up pretty quickly.
You can't always win in life can ya? That's a good attitude to have.

Darth Tater

Well, this may not be a fantasy book so much but it is kind of a fantasy/horror/ science fiction mix and the price is right. Most of you are younger than me but I'm sure you're familiar with the Twilight Zone. I bought a book today (July 5th) with six stories from the Twilight Zone by Rod Serling. Hey, if you're not interested let your parents or even your grandparents know! :D

"Stories from the Twilight Zone".
Price marked down to $1.99 (today only?)

sopranosfan

Current deals in horror. Click on image for a link. Price is 1.99$ for kindle ebook.

I am ashamed to admit today was the first time I figured out what NOS4A2 means and if you, like me, are kind of slow it says Nosferatu.

Last edited:

Alucard

Staff member
I am ashamed to admit today was the first time I figured out what NOS4A2 means and if you like me are kind of slow it says Nosferatu.
lol
I figured it out the first time I saw it. I tried to read it out and I went oooooh :joyful:

Alucard

Staff member
The Swan's War series (trilogy) by Sean Russell is 0.99$ per book on amazon.

1. The One Kingdom
  2. The Isle of Battle
  3. The Shadow Roads
affiliate link to the kindle store

@epicfantasyfreak
You've read Initiate Brother duology, maybe you'll want these? ;)
edit: I got them. 3 books for under 3$..too good to pass.

Last edited:

ofer

Not just EFF. Thanks @Alucard !
Ever since EFF mentioned Russel reminded him of Tad Williams I've been meaning to try him out...and for 3$ for 3 books I definitly got this one! Thanks again :)

Darth Tater

I am ashamed to admit today was the first time I figured out what NOS4A2 means and if you, like me, are kind of slow it says Nosferatu.
I didn't have a damned clue that

1. The One Kingdom
  2. The Isle of Battle
  3. The Shadow Roads

@epicfantasyfreak

Lucky me, Swans War was on my TBR list too! Thanks once again ofer!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member

1. The One Kingdom
  2. The Isle of Battle
  3. The Shadow Roads

@epicfantasyfreak
I liked them (bought them as used paperbacks some time ago after seeing them on one of the lists on this site, back when they were out of print and I didn't have an e-reader yet). I think it's a great deal for 99 cents.

Alucard

Staff member
I liked them (bought them as used paperbacks some time ago after seeing them on one of the lists on this site, back when they were out of print and I didn't have an e-reader yet). I think it's a great deal for 99 cents.
I'm really glad you wrote that. Losing 3$ on bad books is not too bad, but I hate losing time on bad books. Now I don't have to worry.
Swan's War was not originally on my TBR list, only Initiate Brother duology was so I wasn't sure about these.

epicfantasyfreak

Hey, thanks for looking out for me, but I've read those already. I thought they were better than Initiate Brother, and that duology was pretty darn good, so 99 cents is an awesome deal.

I should warn though that Russell is on the very-low-action end of the spectrum, so if you have to have action-heavy fantasy, even at 99 cents he may not be the author for you. Action/combat scenes tend to bore me, so I love Russell!! lol

Oh, and congrats on being raised from the Plebs, @Alucard.

kenubrion

Sci-fi rather than fantasy but too good not to mention. Pennsylvania omnibus today for $0.99, it's a countdown deal rather than daily deal so only 13 hours remaining.

Pennsylvania omnibus via affiliate link on amazon

Edit by Alucard: Added BFB affiliate link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alucard

Staff member
I should warn though that Russell is on the very-low-action end of the spectrum, so if you have to have action-heavy fantasy, even at 99 cents he may not be the author for you. Action/combat scenes tend to bore me, so I love Russell!! lol
Oh, and congrats on being raised from the Plebs, @Alucard.
I don't really have to have action heavy fantasy. All I want are good stories that I can immerse myself in :)
lol, thanks. Hope I can do well around this forum and its members.