Book deals and discounts (post here)

Theophania

Journeyed there and back again
There seems to be a big sale on Raymond Feist on Amazon UK. Lots of his stuff is discounted.
Mark Lawrence's Prince of Fools is £1.99 on Amazon UK.
Michelle Sagara's Cast in Shadow is 99p on Amazon UK.
Maria V. Synder's Touch of Power is 99p and Scent of Magic is £1.99 on Amazon UK.
Peter V. Brett's The Desert Spear is £3.49 on Amazon UK.
Doris Lessing's Shikasta is £2.99 on Amazon UK.
Robin Hobb's Dragon Keeper, Ship of Magic and Fool's Errand are each £2.99 on Amazon UK.
Megan Lindholm's Harpy's Flight is £1.99 on Amazon UK.
Laura Anne Gilman's Hard Magic is 99p on Amazon UK.
Rachel Vincent's Menagerie and Blood Bound are 99p; Shadow Bound is £1.99 on Amazon UK.

Theophania

Today is a good day to be a fantasy reader in the UK. On Amazon UK:

Joe Abercrombie:
Andrzej Sapkowski: pretty much all the Witcher books are 99p-£1.99 each.

Ben Aaronovitch: Books 2-5 (but not 1 or 6) of the Rivers of London series are £1.99 each.

Brandon Sanderson: Final Empire, Shadows of Self, Well of Ascension, Hero of Ages, Alloy of Law, Firefight, Steelheart, Legion, Mitosis - all 99p each. Words of Radiance is £1.99.

V.E. Schwab
Marc Turner
Miscellaneous

Last edited:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Andrzej Sapkowski: pretty much all the Witcher books are 99p-£1.99 each.
Drat, not in the US. I read the first one recently and would gladly have scooped up the rest at a buck or two each, but not quite ready to pay $8 each.

kenubrion

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member

Darth Tater

Today is a good day to be a fantasy reader in the UK. On Amazon UK:

Miscellaneous
Drat, not in the US. I read the first one recently and would gladly have scooped up the rest at a buck or two each, but not quite ready to pay $8 each.
Three comments:

1. I also wish these were available in the US. As The Golem and Jini is on my TBR.

2. @Sneaky Burrito . You are probably aware of it but there is a way to switch your kindle address and get the book deals from the UK. A bit too complicated for my limited skills on the computer or I would probably do it. Probably easy for you. Just Google the method if interested. People have commented on their success with it or any obstacles.

3. I don't know about this particular Phil Rickman book. It looks like a standalone. But I HAVE read the first 5 of his Merrily Watkins series and they are wonderful. He combines mystery with some mystic hints . I HIGHLY recommend those (best if read in order so start with book one) and maybe the book on sale , although not part of that series, will be an inexpensive way to aquaint yourselves with his splendid writing.

Happy Holiday everyone!!

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
2. @Sneaky Burrito . You are probably aware of it but there is a way to switch your kindle address and get the book deals from the UK. A bit too complicated for my limited skills on the computer or I would probably do it. Probably easy for you. Just Google the method if interested. People have commented on their success with it or any obstacles.
I'm not sure if that's legal though. And given that Sneaky is an Amazon reviewer, I don't think that'd be a cool thing to do.

Anyways, happy holidays to you too Tater!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
The Golem and Jini is on my TBR.
This book goes on sale quite often on amazon.com. I got it once like that, just keep an eye on it.
I'm not sure if that's legal though.
It's not. Worse yet, you can have your amazon account suspended, especially if you use the same email.
The best you can do is have two devices, one linked with amazon.com and other with amazon.co.uk. You would need two separate emails for two accounts and two resident addresses.
You can still do it with one device, but you would need to register and deregister every time you want to access Amazon UK and/or US. And when you're logged into one marketplace, you can't access the books from other amazon.

Basically it's a hassle. Don't do it if you don't have two kindles. But even then I wouldn't advise it. Especially for someone with main amazon.com account and a US address, because the US amazon has the best and most regular deals anyway compared to other amazon sites, so why bother.

kenubrion

V.E. Schwab's A Gathering of Shadows is $2.99 on Amazon US. Not a daily deal so I don't know how long. Now I have to buy book one, which I've been waiting to do so I can start this, being it's a favorite of our membership.

https://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Sh...rd_wg=moZC8&psc=1&refRID=G6PH1F7R54PC123DW1CP

Allan Batchelder's The Abject God is out! Book 4 of his great Immortal Treachery series. It's only $3.99 and it's also in Kindle Unlimited for borrowing. CONGRATS Allan!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4GI6E...qid=1482852974&sr=1-1&keywords=the+abject+god

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
V.E. Schwab's A Gathering of Shadows is $2.99 on Amazon US. Not a daily deal so I don't know how long. Now I have to buy book one, which I've been waiting to do so I can start this, being it's a favorite of our membership.
I did not like this one as much as book 1. I think I wrote an Amazon review, though, if you want to know why. Hoping book 3 is an improvement.

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

kenubrion

I did not like this one as much as book 1. I think I wrote an Amazon review, though, if you want to know why. Hoping book 3 is an improvement.
You did indeed. I like how Amazon has your reviews as usually in the first three or so, easy to find. Top 100 reviewer, way to go. I read the first two paragraphs but stopped to be as clueless as possible when I read book one.

Thanks Elvira for the Witcher links.

Theophania

Last edited:

kenubrion

Last edited by a moderator: