Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
Last edited by a moderator:

rudyjuly2

I've been wondering why I haven't seen anything in the deals thread so I go check it out and there are posts! I don't understand why my Alerts suddenly stops working sometimes. I have this thread on "Watch" so I don't get it.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I've been wondering why I haven't seen anything in the deals thread so I go check it out and there are posts! I don't understand why my Alerts suddenly stops working sometimes. I have this thread on "Watch" so I don't get it.
Did you ban anyone by chance?

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
My alerts have been a bit temperamental. Sometimes i find I'm tagged in a post but only discover so when I eventually get to the post, not via an alert.

I suppose this is another forum glitch our illustrious leader will need to look into when he returns from his sabbatical.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I didn't mean ban, sorry. I meant ignore.

In any case, I don't think this would be the cause of the issue, as I am having some problems as well. Seems to be a technical glitch, like Tom said.

My recommendation is to manically check the forum every 15 minutes, just like I do (note: if you have a relationship or job this might not be a good idea).

kenubrion

The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy)
by James Islington is $2.99 today on Amazon US.
Link: http://a.co/hx7uQZ6

kenubrion

I’ve seen some mixed reviews on this book. Any thoughts on this?
I tried it when it first came out. Couldn't get into it. Tried again later, same result. Wish I could, because long coming of age strong magic user type books are a favorite genre. I remain puzzled as so many really like it.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member

Darth Tater

The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey is $2.99. This is the prequel to The Girl With All the Gifts.

Star Wars: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn is $1.99. This is the first book where they are introducing Thrawn since the other stuff was take out of canon. The second part of this series comes out soon.
I read Heir to the Empire (book one of the Thrawn trilogy) a couple years ago. I guess this book comes before it). I thought it was good and Zahn is one of the best Star Wara writers. Thrawn is an interesting guy. Kind of like Darth Vader without the loveable side. I quit after one book though. Like most Star Wars books it seemed kind of YA to me.

Last edited:

Khartun

I read Heir to the Empire (book one of the Thrawn trilogy) a couple years ago. I guess this book comes before it). I thought it was good and Zahn is one of the best Star Wara writers. Thrawn is an interesting guy. Kind of like Darth Vader without the loveable side. I quit after one book though. Like most Star Wars books it seemed kind of YA to me.
Yep, that's my problem with them as well.