bric-à-brac

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Now, that's one bad-ass Jedi. . . :hilarious:
Aren't red lightsabers used by Sith only?
Because lets face it, cats would be Sith not Jedi. :joyful:

On more serious note, poor kitty cornered like that :<

Alucard

Staff member
:oops: I don't know what a "Sith" is. Shows how much of a fan of Star Wars I am, don't it? :sorry:
Yup :D
Lol, here I found an infographics for you. Left are jedi, right are sith principles. Sith are jedi's nemesis.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
:oops: I don't know what a "Sith" is. Shows how much of a fan of Star Wars I am, don't it? :sorry:
Darth Vader and the Emperor were Sith. Although the concept wasn't really explored until the newer movies (episodes 1-3) were released.

sopranosfan

Journeyed there and back again
I am a huge Star Wars fan. I remember when I was a kid in the 80s and they would come on network TV and getting to watch them was some of my best childhood memories. I get my new TV in on Sunday and guess what will probably be the first movies I test on them and if I do watch something else I will be watching it within the first week.

ofer

Yup :D
Lol, here I found an infographics for you. Left are jedi, right are sith principles. Sith are jedi's nemesis.

I never considered myself a particularly grimdark person, but I have to admit that I found the Sith mantra much more interesting. The Jedi way seems so...boring.
I liked the original trilogy. Those were good, epic movies.

Now those I didn't like - at least the first two were so bad I still haven't bothered to watch episode 3 and have no intentions of ever doing so - or watching the new three for that matter (any love I could have had for new Star Wars movies was killed by Jar-Jar). I do remember it had something about Sith in the title, and that's the only knowledge of Sith I had before today.
I saw an interview with Ewan Mcregor on a motor tv show called Top Gear a few years back. He said something along the lines of "I'll always remember the first trilogy as great movies from my childhood and the second one as...well, as the ones I participated in"
I didn't hate the second trilogy as much as you, but I definitely didn't like it as much as the first. And Jar-Jar has his own special hell planned out. If there's any justice, he'll spend the rest of eternity watching re-runs of his own scenes. That tops anything Glokta is capable of.

Last edited:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Over here in the UK, there's a department store called John Lewis, and every year, they release a TV advert for the Xmas period. It's always quite exciting when it's released, because they're always great! Anyway, this year's advert has just hit the screens, I think it's awesome. Here it is ..

ofer

It's cute. Are those Coldplay on the background?
BTW for those of you who saw this and think about getting a penguin, cleaning penguin poo from your shoes is bloody difficult.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's cute. Are those Coldplay on the background?
BTW for those of you who saw this and think about getting a penguin, cleaning penguin poo from your shoes is bloody difficult.
It's Tom Odell who recorded the song for it. His debut album came out about a year ago, it's fantastic!

Derk of Derkholm

Aren't red lightsabers used by Sith only?
Because lets face it, cats would be Sith not Jedi. :joyful:

On more serious note, poor kitty cornered like that :<
As often, I'm late to the party.

BUT - I think the perfect synthesis of these two topics is Harry Dresden's "assistant" bestowed upon him by Mab in "Cold Days" who is aptly named "Cat Sith". Understandably one of my favourite Dresden characters.

Best regards,
Andy

Derk of Derkholm

Best way to get to know Star Wars for me weren't the movies. It was playing Knights of the Old Republic I and II, better known as KotR. Amazing games.
... even better known as KotOr :)

Alucard

Staff member
... even better known as KotOr :)
lol, just like me to "eat" one letter. That's how we say it in Bosnian anyway, I don't know if English has an equivalent of "eating" letters, other than misspelling.

Boreas

Staff member
Hmm...only downside I see is not being able to give any customer feedback: