Bright

Alice Sabo

Got in a fistfight with Dresden
A cop with a partner that's an orc. Sounded good. Will Smith made it even better. Unfortunately it was very much not my cup of tea. It's grim and grimy and heavy handed about prejudice. I gave up after about 20 minutes. I had my doubts when he killed the fairy who was stealing from the bird feeder, like a squirrel. I have that problem with squirrels but I don't go out and beat them to death with a broom... Way to go to make your protagonist unsympathetic. Of course the wife hates that he's a cop and wants him to quit. And then there was a rant with so many f-bombs that I couldn't figure out what he was saying.

But - if you like a dark post-apocalyptic / rap-gangsta kind of world this might appeal. It's a movie on Netflix.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I quite liked it in a brainless, watch it while the lady of the house is out and the kid is asleep, guilty pleasure kind of way. The writing was lazy and the plot very predictable. I did like the premise though (Elves as elite citizens, orcs as the ones having the dirty jobs and humans as, well, humans), and the special effects were out of this world. I also liked the role of the police Orc.

ofer

Journeyed there and back again
I thought it was very average and predictable. Brainless, yes. Fun, only once in a while during some of the action scenes. Basically it's just another cliche cop film which happens to have an Orc as a character.