COMPETITION !!!!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
No, you're just really skinny. 135 lbs at 5'10? That's what a thin teenage girl weighs.
Well I'm no teenage, but I am a girl. And I'm not skinny either. I'm pretty much normal weight.
Most of the guys my height that I know are around 155 lbs. He's 20 lbs more than that so I naturally assume he lifts weights or something because BMI would suggest he's overweight with those numbers. So, I'm thinking muscles, cos BMI is crap when it comes to people who work out.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it helps, I lift weights daily. My cutlery is REALLY heavy and I can get huge amounts of cake on the end of my fork .. always brings me out in a light sweat!

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Well I'm no teenage, but I am a girl. And I'm not skinny either. I'm pretty much normal weight.
Most of the guys my height that I know are around 155 lbs. He's 20 lbs more than that so I naturally assume he lifts weights or something because BMI would suggest he's overweight with those numbers. So, I'm thinking muscles, cos BMI is crap when it comes to people who work out.
Not sure how you are calculating BMI but according to the calculator here... http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm:

1. You are underweight, which means you are very skinny. 6 foot 2 inches tall and 135 pounds is a BMI of 17.3 and Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
2. 6'2 175 is a BMI of 22.5 and within a normal weight range
3. BMI is absolute crap if you are an athlete, weight lifter, etc. For average people, it's a pretty reasonable indicator of overall weight health.

Are you from the US? If not, maybe something is getting lost in conversion if you aren't used to weighing with pounds and measuring with feet and inches? I went to school with a guy that was 6'1 135 and he was really skinny; you're an inch taller and weigh the same. Maybe your scale is broken if you appear normal; at that weight/height, you would have nearly no body fat and should be easily able to see your abs, ribs, and backbone. At any rate, 135 would be very thin for a guy, pretty much regardless of height (unless very short). I'm not saying you are wrong, just surprised that your height/weight combo appears "normal" and not extremely thin.

Sir Arthur

Journeyed there and back again
He's 20 lbs more than that so I naturally assume he lifts weights or something because BMI would suggest he's overweight with those numbers. So, I'm thinking muscles, cos BMI is crap when it comes to people who work out.
I have a fair amount of lean muscle, but would not consider my self "muscled", just athletically built. I'm a cyclist, I race mountain bikes, and cyclocross. Short fast races, so I'm built like a sprinter. I strength train about twice a week, but not like a bodybuilder. More functional, agility work with some explosive power work mixed in. I strive for a good power to weight ratio.

BMI is only an estimate, there are too many variables. Body fat % is a better gauge. Fitness does not have to be a science, forget the numbers. 3 to 5 days a week of 30+ min. of some form of cardio you enjoy, 2 times a week of strength training, and flexibility/ mobility training like yoga. Make an effort to eat well, drink lots of water, and get plenty of sleep. Do something every day, but don't be too strict on yourself. Train to live, don't live to train.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
6 foot 2 inches tall and 135 pounds
Dude, both Sir Arthur and me are 5'10 in height. :D I don't know where you got 6 foot 2 inches from.
My BMI is 19.4
Normal range is
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
As I said, I'm perfectly normal. :wacky:

just athletically built. I'm a cyclist,
Figured as much. You don't have to be a body builder to not fit into BMI standard. If you do any sports, (well maybe except sumo) muscles come. And when they come they mess up the calculations.

BMI is only an estimate, there are too many variables.
I think for an average, sedentary joe it totally works. That's why I asked if you work out. When you said nobody can call you fat, I figured as much.

Train to live, don't live to train.
Love that :D

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Dude, both Sir Arthur and me are 5'10 in height. :D I don't know where you got 6 foot 2 inches from.
My BMI is 19.4
Normal range is
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
As I said, I'm perfectly normal. :wacky:
I got 6'2 by being a retard, obviously.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 day to go! Best go dust off the scales. Every time I weigh myself the wife always shouts through, in a robotic voice, "one person at a time please" ... That's love for you!

ofer

D-day! Don't forget to have a big breakfast. All that SF you've been reading lately must have taken their toll :)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the correct answer is (du du duuuuuurrrrrrrr) 223 lbs !!!!!!!

That means the winner is (du du duuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) @blitzburns4 who guessed 220 lbs!

Right, time to go on a diet!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoa there .... credit controversy! I typed in 25,000,000 credits, and it transferred 37,000,000.

Oh well, think of it as a bonus for being SO CLOSE to the right answer :)

Amaryllis

If one ever needed objective proof that you don't live in the United States, it's here, inthe fact that you made it out like you were some unprecedentedly enormous ham beast...at 223lbs.