Could we have been wrong and maybe Brandon Sanderson is for me after all?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by MorteTorment, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Knows Who John Uskglass Is

Ok, this was written a lot better before, but my pc crashed and I had to start over. Please bear with me.

What I was trying to say was that I read the preview from The Way of Kings on goodreads, which consisted of everything up to the first three chapters. It's probably the best thing I've read all year, and this year I've read more than ever(like 24i or so books) and I really wanna continue it, but I got a lot on my plate, that being this 40 games in 4 months mcguffin challenge, and I'd like to read 5 really sweet books from either 2017, or from series with a book from this year.(no timetable for that, I'll do it at my own speed) And The Way of Kings itself is around 1k pages.

I also mentioned that I think it's not world building I don't like, but instead it's actually chapters full of infodumping, which is why I don't have a problem with Sanderson after all.

I ultimately wanted to ask, when I have more time, would any of you be interested in a topic where I read a few chapters from The Way of Kings almost every day, and talk about it. I think me liking Sanderson is a big step for me as a fantasy reader as I haven't read anything on this level since Game of Thrones long back in the days of Borders. I figure that at least you'd be interested in this Tom.

I also wanted to make it clear that you don't need to worry Silvion, as I won't be timing myself. :D

2. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

Phew, you almost got me worried there! :p

And go ahead Morte. I'd actually be interested to learn whether you have the stamina to pull through such an enormous tome (1000+ pages). If I remember correctly most of the books you read are more in the area of 300-400 pages right?

3. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Knows Who John Uskglass Is

hehe, no worries, I actually don't do that anymore.

And yeah, last time I read something bigger than like 412 pages or was was me re-reading Night Angel 1: The Way of Shadows. And thanks, hope you participate in the discussion.