Credits - How to Earn Them

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
We NOW have two store sections. Due to the software limitations, we've can't put the digital products into the actual STORE section. As such there are two types of purchases you can make, and you have to go to:

• Key Code Store (the store that sells digital products like STEAM games, amazon gift cards, etc) -- check out THIS post which lists the games for sale (for credits):
  • Store (the store that sells extra forum upgrades, like the ability to bump threads, sticky a thread for a temp period of time, buy moderator permissions, and other cool stuff).

How It Works (Updated October 7, 2016)

I've stocked the store with over 20 of the best PC games of all time. Every single one of these is a must play game, highly rated. All in all, I've put over $350 worth of Steam Games on this store for you guys.

From the Product Store, you can see all the games that are available and the quantities of each specific game left. I also show the actual price the game costs on Steam.

For those who don't play video games, worry not. I'll be stocked it up with Amazon gift card credit in the future. I'll be adding some advertising options (you can buy ad space on the main site, something indie authors here might appreciate). So there will be something for everyone at the end of the day.

There's only ONE of each of these steam games, so once someone buys s specific game, that game is gone and won't be available in the store anymore for purchase.

IF you buy a STEAM game with your credits, you'll need to send me an email (bestfantasybooks@gmail.com) letting me know you bought the game. Since these are STEAM GAMES, I have to manually transfer the new game to your email from my own steam account. From your email that's sent, you can add that transferred game to your own Steam Account (it follows that if you don't have a steam account, you'll need to create one).

For other stuff that's NOT a steam game, such as Amazon Gift Cards, you'll get the code automatically via an email. As of now, I don't have any Amazon Gift Cards stocked up, but I'll add a few before the end of the year.

You can see the 'Store' with items here.

==STEAM GAMES AVAILABLE ON KEY STORE==

Here's the list of games (I've linked to Amazon, so you can see what the game is about and / or the reviews):
==ADVERTISING PURCHASES AVAILABLE ON KEY STORE==

• 1 Week Top Banner (on main site)
  • 1 Week Sidebar (on main site)
  • 1 Month Top banner (on main site)

==AMAZON GIFT CARDS==

• none yet, but coming

Other Stuff To Trade for Credits

I'm working on the other store stuff which lets you buy some additional forum permissions for credits. Stuff like buying a temporary 'sticky post', bumping your thread, the ability to post with some extra colors, the ability to change your title to something custom, and even the ability to buy a moderator position with credits.

I'm still working this out over here at 'The Store', but I hope to have it set up properly over the next week. So even if you can't afford to buy a game, amazon gift cards, or advertising on the main site, you can still buy other cool stuff (and for a lot cheaper).

How to Get 'Credits'

By being ACTIVE on the forum. I've revamped the credit system so credits flow more freely now.

Many of the existing members, especially the long timers, already have a bit of a stockpile of credits, which were converted over from the old credit system way back. Some of you might be able to buy something right away with your 'savings'. Most of you, especially the new members, are going to have to put your time in over the months or years.

The goal here is that if you are active every day on the forum, you will be rewarded with more credits. Get enough and you can actually buy something tangible -- something that's worth real money.

It might take months or year or more (or in some cases longer) before you can buy something, if you are active every day. But stick around, contribute and you WILL be rewarded.

...The full list of how to earn credits...

Regular Forum Activities
  • You get 1 credit per new post
  • You get 1 credit for making a poll in a post (maximum one time per day)
  • You get 1 credit per post you make on the forum
  • You get 1 credit for starting a new thread
    You get 1 credit for starting a private conversation (maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit for replying to a private conversation (maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit for updating your status
  • You get 1 credit if you login (maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit for updating your status (maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit for posting to your profile (maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit for every follower you get(maximum one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit if your profile is liked (maximum one points per day)
  • You get 1 credit if your post is liked (maximum FIVE point per day)
  • You get 1 credit if a new thread you create gets a reply (only one point per day)
  • You get 1 credit if someone likes your profile (maximum one point per day, if more than one like in a single day)
  • You get 1 credit if someone votes in your poll (maximum one point per day)
One-Time Bonuses
  • You get 10 credits for first registering
  • You get 10 credits for fully completing your profile
  • You get 10 credits for uploading an Avatar
  • You get 10 credits when you associate your account with Facebook
  • You get 10 credits when you associate your account with Twitter
  • You get 50 credits for 'Watching' the Book Discount Thread
Reoccurring Bonuses
  • You get 25 credits on your birthday
  • You get 25 credits if you earn a trophy

Special Thread Posting Bonuses

Penalties
  • You lose 100 credits if your post is deleted by a moderator
  • You lose credits and if your post is reported
  • You lose 700 credits if you are (temporary) banned
Transfer Tax

You can also 'transfer' credits to someone else as a gift, but these transfers are heavily 'taxed'. There's a 40% 'tax' on any amount you send someone and it will cost the sender an additional 100 credits to send. This is to prevent abuse of the system for obvious reasons with people joining up with multiple IDS to transfer amounts to each other.

That means for every "1000 credits" you send to someone, the recipient will only get 500.

To Help Stock the Store, use the Amazon Link

Note, I'm keeping the forum product store funded with any revenue this forum makes via the amazon discount thread. So if you every purchase anything on Amazon (anything at all...a book, a coffee mug, or a TV!), please use our forum affiliate link to buy something (or any amazon link you see on this forum). Whatever is made via that link goes directly into buying and stocking new items for the store!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Neato Jon! Any reason why everyone currently has 0 credits? And what are 'Points'?

Jon Snow

Staff member
Neato Jon! Any reason why everyone currently has 0 credits? And what are 'Points'?
Everyone will get allocated some, you won't start at zero. The points are just part of the credit system that has been installed. They mean nothing really.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
The points are just part of the credit system that has been installed. They mean nothing really.
Dammit. One thing I am #1 in :D
They did meant something tho. I think they effected the title under the avatar. Right?

Jon Snow

Staff member
Dammit. One thing I am #1 in :D
They did meant something tho. I think they effected the title under the avatar. Right?
No those were trophy points.

Titus

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
I tried to use my old credits for online spending but amazon wouldn't take them :). Maybe these will work now.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Can I also exchange my street cred for gifts? As an amateur gangsta rapper I've got plenty of that.

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
I like what you've done with the place, Jon. That was worth one credit?

kenubrion

Cool. Another credit? This is EASY!

GreyMouser

But I had a kabillion credits..

Now I'm going to have to actually earn them. :eek:

Jon Snow

Staff member

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
But why did the credits we had have to disappear?
Well, I'm only guessing here, but my personal fortune of a trillion billion gazillion credits would potentially have resulted in @btkong having to claim for bankruptancy after I used them to buy Amazon. All of it.

Jon Snow

Staff member
@LexieS17

Tom is right. Many of the users here had credits from previous years that did nothing. A lot of us had about 10^10 credits. This would have meant a stupid price on stuff that you could "buy"

Stay tuned when we finish tweaking it and let you know more about it.

For the moment, keep posting. The credits you have now won't be reset.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Could we please get bonus credits for funny posts ? :D
That'd be fun:

Orginality +1
Spelling -1
Humour +1

Sum credits: +1