Dads Inc.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is now also walking. Took her first unsupported steps last Saturday and she's now running around the house like a madwoman.
It's definitely a game changing moment isn't it. She walks as though she's drunk (she must've been watching Daddy too closely) .. it's hilarious.

What's next on the list? Talking, I guess? I'm sure shopping for handbags will follow fairly quickly .. :)

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
It's definitely a game changing moment isn't it. She walks as though she's drunk (she must've been watching Daddy too closely) .. it's hilarious.

What's next on the list? Talking, I guess? I'm sure shopping for handbags will follow fairly quickly .. :)
What's next? Chores! When she can walk I can finaly teach her how to vacuum clean, mop and wash the windows. I'll raise her to be a proper cinderella.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's next? Chores! When she can walk I can finaly teach her how to vacuum clean, mop and wash the windows. I'll raise her to be a proper cinderella.
You mean you didn't tie tiny mops to her knees when she was crawling, to clean the floors? You missed a trick! It's never too early to instill these sorts of things into their tiny little minds :)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked my daughter who her first, second, third etc etc favourite people were today. Her answers weren't quite what I was expecting.

1. Mummy
2. Mummy
3. Mummy
4. Ellie (her favourite toy)
5. Papa (her grandfather)
6. Ball
7. Owl
8. Daddy
9. Mummy
10. Mummy

Think I'm going to have to start giving her more chocolate buttons!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've decided to empty my house of everything below waist height, cos if it ain't tied down there's an extremely good chance that my little 'princess' will move pretty much anything, to where I least expect to find it. In the last 3 days we've found a tin of tomato puree in the washing machine, my keys in the toilet, the tv remote control in the recycling bin, and I spent 20 mins frantically looking for one of my shoes to find it in her big box of lego, which she'd moved to the side of the sofa, hidden under a couple of cushions. She's a devious little bugger!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I've decided to empty my house of everything below waist height, cos if it ain't tied down there's an extremely good chance that my little 'princess' will move pretty much anything, to where I least expect to find it. In the last 3 days we've found a tin of tomato puree in the washing machine, my keys in the toilet, the tv remote control in the recycling bin, and I spent 20 mins frantically looking for one of my shoes to find it in her big box of lego, which she'd moved to the side of the sofa, hidden under a couple of cushions. She's a devious little bugger!
This sounds like life with cats...

Anti_Quated

Journeyed there and back again
Been here. Our youngest has taken to the hilarious escapades (to him, leastways) of depositing items into the toilet with raucous giggling and cheeky grins as we desperately race with outstretched hands to catch said items before they enter the watery depths. I have spent far too much time scrubbing my hands of late with anti-bac soap.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's the raucous giggling and cheeky grins that make it so bloody difficult to be angry with them.

Luckily the toilet filling antics seem to have stopped for the moment, although I did find 4 drink coasters in the tumble dryer last night. Ggrrr

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
This is so recognizable. Like Tom said, it's very hard to be stern when all you really want to do is laugh at her antics. My daughter has this way of mumbling "no, no, no, no, nooooo" and wagging her little finger when she does something she shouldn't (that's how we scold her). The Pavlovian repercussions are awesome, as we can now tell she's up to no good, just by listening to her mumbling. Yesterday she was emptying the trash bin, but we could stop her just in time because we heard her signature nonononooooo coming from around the corner. :)

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
My daughter has been seriously ill for the first time ever. She's 16 months now and before she got ill she was 11.6kg. After 5 days of puking, pooping and not eating she hit 10kg. She's all better now fortunately. Almost all kids in my home town have caught this virus over the course of the last weeks. Doctor said that there was nothing to wry about, if her fluid intake was okay (which it was), but it was a scary experience nonetheless.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
My daughter has been seriously ill for the first time ever. She's 16 months now and before she got ill she was 11.6kg. After 5 days of puking, pooping and not eating she hit 10kg. She's all better now fortunately. Almost all kids in my home town have caught this virus over the course of the last weeks. Doctor said that there was nothing to wry about, if her fluid intake was okay (which it was), but it was a scary experience nonetheless.
Sounds terrible, glad she's better though. I don't know about you but since my daughter started going to nursery I've resigned myself to constantly feeling a little bit under the weather due to the germs she is continually bringing home with her! Comes with the territory I guess ..

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Sounds terrible, glad she's better though. I don't know about you but since my daughter started going to nursery I've resigned myself to constantly feeling a little bit under the weather due to the germs she is continually bringing home with her! Comes with the territory I guess ..
Yeah, same here. Although my daughter doesn't go to nursery or day-care, she is in constant contact with other toddlers.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
It's not just parents who have this problem. I work with a lot of parents of toddlers and school-age children. The kids bring the germs home, the parents pick the germs up, the parents bring the germs to work, and we all get sick...

Anti_Quated

It's not just parents who have this problem. I work with a lot of parents of toddlers and school-age children. The kids bring the germs home, the parents pick the germs up, the parents bring the germs to work, and we all get sick...
For the most part it helps us develop stronger immune systems and resilience to illness. It's never fun or an easy experience with a house full of malady-crippled progeny. We seem to have a really bad turn once every second year - wherein our 9 year old seems a little unwell, the boys get really sick with vomiting and fevers and such, it seems to pass after a couple of sleepless nights, and then my wife and I get it and lie around half-dead on the floor for a day or two while we send the kids off with Grandma and Aunty.

@Silvion Night Glad your little one is all better. Fever and dramatic weight loss are definitely disconcerting; our eldest boy went through one that shed all his delightful toddler chub and while hardly Gollum-esque in appearance, he still seemed emaciated to my wife and I. His appetite returned with a vengeance though and he recovered fairly quickly. Nothing pains the heart as concern for one's child.

since my daughter started going to nursery I've resigned myself to constantly feeling a little bit under the weather due to the germs she is continually bringing home with her! Comes with the territory I guess ..
Both our boys go for a day or two a week, and bring home their fair share of plagues. Wait until you have the nightmare of nits - everyone gets shampooed and conditioned and scalp-scrutinised, and every single blanket and pillow and towel gets washed repeatedly, every surface disinfected and bathed in eucalyptus oil, white vinegar, and dettol, and even then... two days pass, and one of them brings it home again. With the added frustration of knowing that despite doing everything correctly, someone else's parents were lazy, so the Sisyphean, laborious, and woefully tedious task recommences. :mad:

wakarimasen

so... I've been absent from the site a while (possible inappropriate political posts aside) but things are settling down a little. In dad news: I am now a full time dad. My good lady was going stir crazy after 6 years and I felt that sitting behind a computer 8 hours a day was killing me, so we've swapped. So far so good. I shall be penning a house husband's guide to doing laundry soon entitled "50 Shades of Grey". I may even get back to doing some fantasy interviews and posting some books reviews...

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
so... I've been absent from the site a while (possible inappropriate political posts aside) but things are settling down a little. In dad news: I am now a full time dad. My good lady was going stir crazy after 6 years and I felt that sitting behind a computer 8 hours a day was killing me, so we've swapped. So far so good. I shall be penning a house husband's guide to doing laundry soon entitled "50 Shades of Grey". I may even get back to doing some fantasy interviews and posting some books reviews...
Wow.. that's quite the lifestyle change! I hope it works out well for you and Mrs Wakarimasen!