Did you guys see the Han Solo movie?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I did. I actually liked it a lot. Although this story doesn't involve Jedi, the Star Wars universe in and of itself is such a cool place re. The possibilities for great stories set in that universe are almost limitless.

The story shows the younger years of Han Solo, how he meets Chewie and how he obtained the Milenium Falcon. The story is fast-paced, pretty much self contained and very well written (in my view). It's not pretentious and it doesn't take itself too seriously. I also liked the actors that played Han Solo and Lando Calrissian. Emilia Clarke (Deanerys from GoT) also has a cool role.

After Rogue 1, this is the second anthalogy story, and if Disney can churn out more Star Wars films with the same quality I'd say: keep 'em coming!

ReguIa

Journeyed there and back again
Haven't seen it yet because I haven't heard much good about it tbh, but you might just have changed my decision though. What are your thoughts on an Obi-Wan movie?

GreyMouser

I really liked it too. It was fun and in the spirit of the original movies.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Haven't seen it yet because I haven't heard much good about it tbh, but you might just have changed my decision though. What are your thoughts on an Obi-Wan movie?
That would be awesome, but I heard the idea got ditched after the Solo movie didn't make enough in the box office. Not sure whether that rumour is true though.

ReguIa

Well I always thought an Obi-Wan movie (If Ewan comes back, which I heard he wants to do) would take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I mean what else could work?

I'm not into the lore and don't know exactly what's canon between III and IV but after Rogue One (Vader ''nightmare'' scene) a Obi-Wan/Vader movie would draw a serious crowd, way more than a Solo movie could.

Idk just retcon it that they haven't met since III. Obi-Wan trying to help the surviving jedi around the galaxy being hunted down by Vader. That'd be incredible.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Yeah, that'd be awesome. I think the fact that Solo didn't do so well has more to do with the moment of the launch (right after Deadpool 2), rather than with the quality of the film (which I thought was rather good).

Also, they could have done a lot better marketing wise. It was not really hyped up, which has proven to be a big mistake.

An Obi-Wan Kenobi movie set right after ep 3, featuring Ewan McGregor would be absolutely amazing, and I'm sure it would be very popular in the box office. Ewan is a character who can carry a movie. One of only a few male actors that can still pull this off (Johnny Dep, Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith maybe).

Mohammed Al Mulla

Downed a vial of metals
No i didn't.. And i actually stopped watching Star Wars after the First Movie some 30 years ago or something... The Star Wars was made out of 3 movies.. Good enough for good story.. BUT suddenly, they started producing movies like every year.. And the quality of what i see from the trailer is not as good as a movie of such magnitude and reputation should be..

rudyjuly2

I felt this movie was mediocre with the usual weak SW plot designed more for kids than adults. My biggest beef is Han Solo was a funny, charismatic character and this movie had the least amount of humour in it.