Ever fallen in love with a character from a fantasy book!?!

So!

Have you ever fallen in love with a person from a fantasy literature.
-And I mean a imaginary character from a fantasy novel, not an author!

If so, who this character was, and why did you love her/him so much?

And do you still love this imaginary character?

For me, only love has been Laurana from DL books. I mean Larry Elmore's depiction of her is so beautifull that it just melted a young man's heart!

But that was years ago. About 20 years, in fact. But I'm still very fond of Laurana, more than any other fantasy character.

Belg

Is a wondrous friend of modest Kruppe
No but i fell in love with Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins !!!!
Does that count ??
ok yes im a little weird !!

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
No but i fell in love with Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins !!!!
Does that count ??
ok yes im a little weird !!
Was that because of her sideboob, or because of her bad-girl-bordering-on-psychotic personality?

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Probably if anyone it was Fitz from Farseer. He was so beaten down and trodden on that you just want him to succeed in life.

Hikerike

Owns a Ring of Power
Morrigan was indeed a bad girl! She Stole my heart!

Bitch took my heart and my child. Only reason i played the second game was because i thought they would explain that!!

Amaryllis

Journeyed there and back again
Didn't the Witch Hunt DLC mention something about that? Particularly if you romanced her in DAO.

I personally still have no idea what people saw in Morrigan. Aside from being voiced by Claudia Black (who is awesome).

Amaryllis

It's interesting when you're so jaded that you'd leave your literary, unphysical, fantasy crush because she wasn't at her physical peak anymore. :p

I already addressed the reason in my post:

Constant sideboob.
In all fairness, I think the sideboob did a pretty good acting job. And the emotion! That time when Morrigan was all 'I'm gesticulating!' and it was all 'Yeah! Excitement!'

Belg

Is a wondrous friend of modest Kruppe
It's interesting when you're so jaded that you'd leave your literary, unphysical, fantasy crush because she wasn't at her physical peak anymore. :p

In all fairness, I think the sideboob did a pretty good acting job. And the emotion! That time when Morrigan was all 'I'm gesticulating!' and it was all 'Yeah! Excitement!'
see i knew there was a reason i fell in love with her !!

João Ribeiro

Aside from being voiced by Claudia Black (who is awesome).
Even a virtual representation of Claudia Black is enough. Hell it was enough of a reason to watch Farscape and the last seasons of Stargate SG-1. And now you got me thinking of Claudia Black in pigtails! There goes my productivity at work today!

Hikerike

Owns a Ring of Power
Didn't the Witch Hunt DLC mention something about that? Particularly if you romanced her in DAO.

I personally still have no idea what people saw in Morrigan. Aside from being voiced by Claudia Black (who is awesome).
Well...

Not really, All you did was chase her for two hours. When you did find her all she told you was that the baby was safe, You had sevral options if you threatened her she just ran away saying sorry. You could also say you still love her and she would take you with her. Either way she always whent through a mirror thingy, if you played the dalish begining you'll remember the mirror, it was a mirror like that. You never really got an explanation on what she was up to with that child or where the mirror took her/you

Honestly i liked the bard girl more, the only reason i enjoyed dragon age 2 was because i romanced her first in DAO. Fun thing about her:
if you load your save when you play Dragon age awakening and you have romanced the bard girl in DAO you will get a codex where she gives you an explenation on why she's gone , The reason was bullshit but i get the feeling that she wants to return to her SO. But i guess she never does since the end of DO2 is about 10 years after end of DOA

Amaryllis

Honestly i liked the bard girl more, the only reason i enjoyed dragon age 2 was because i romanced her first in DAO. Fun thing about her:
if you load your save when you play Dragon age awakening and you have romanced the bard girl in DAO you will get a codex where she gives you an explenation on why she's gone , The reason was bullshit but i get the feeling that she wants to return to her SO. But i guess she never does since the end of DO2 is about 10 years after end of DOA
I also liked Leliana (additionally, I thought her lisp was sooo cute). In whatever capacity Dragon Age was about anything other than the Warden, she was an intriguing character with actual depth. I was never fond of Morrigan. She was kind of funny at times, but just...eh. She was pretty flatly evil, despite the game and websites desperately trying to tell you she wasn't, and I'm just...not. In any case, Dragon Age wasn't the strongest crop of supporting characters BioWare has ever churned out. My favorite love interest was probably Alistair of all people. I dunno what that says about me.

I believe Leliana was supposed to have canonically come back though (assuming the obvious parameters, of course). At least that's what Awakening suggested. I've never played 2 (heard too much bad about it). I dunno if 2 says otherwise.

Hikerike

Owns a Ring of Power
Im not sure if i agree with Morrigan being evil. Most of the time she is questionable. But my biggest problem with her is that we don't know her. Why does she want Flemeth dead? Why and what does she do with the baby. She seems reluctant to join the warden but she clearly has some hidden agenda!

I won't say anything about Leliana then. You should play the second game, yes it is significantly worse than the first game. I don't like how they decided to take a new approach on the artwork. The same map was used over and over with some randomness, not so much change in scenery. Gameplay wise it felt like a hack n slash game. It was very easy even on hard. The story from DAO is left out and events from that game is barely mentioned. Some characters do make some brief appearances depending on how you played DAO. But the game isn't a totall mess. The graphics looks good. The fighting animation looks really awesome!There are some momorable characters . When you accept that the story no longer revolves around ferelden, the warden and his companions you can start to atleast enyoj a bit of the dragon age world . It is a begining on a new bigger story which i think the third game is going to pick up on , from a different pov and different place, i heard rumors about Orlais ( LOVE IT!!). Oh and I absolutely loved how the story was told! So cool. All in all i think you should play the game, if only just too see the ending! The game isn't long at all , think i played 23 ish hours and didnt miss anything major.

I think I'm much more likely to have "girl crushes" on characters (since I'm female and tend to connect more w/ female characters) ... I have a major girl crush on Dany from SoIF. In my eyes, she can do no wrong <3

moonspawn

I don't know. This is a tough question to answer. I can't say that I've literally fallen in love with an imaginary character. However, I love Patrick Rothfuss's description of Denna; sounds like my dream women. I'm sure I would fall in love with her if she were a real person. My favorite character from any novel is Vin from Mistborn. I guess she's the closes I've come to falling in love with a novel character. I felt a deep intimate connection with her right from the first page she was introduced. Maybe I did fall in love with, but not willing to admit it. Yep! Vin's my final answer.

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
you sure man?

she always goes off and never tells u where she is going or when she'll be back. She leaves u hanging, flirts with other guys in front of you and pretty much gives u nothing to base ur infatuation on, besides what you yourself feels.
sounds like the WORST releationship to me lol