Everyday Math (Shall we play a game?)

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
Here's the game. Someone gives a math equation which represents something in life that is associated with a specific number but replace words with abbreviations. Prepositions can remain as is. The object is to guess what it stands for. For example,

13 = D in a B. D. (13 = doughnuts in a bakers dozen)

Equations can be based in famous sayings, literature, music, science, everyday objects, etc.

Here are 3 to start off with:
a) 3 = BM (S H T R)
b) 13 = S on USF
c) 1 = L N (T C B as B as O)

Last edited:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
88 - Constellations in the Night Sky

(I won't tell you how long it took me to figure just one of these out!!!)

Matticus Primal

Journeyed there and back again
I do my best thinking when walking the dog.
As do I, which is unfortunate since it's always so far from a computer. It's like there's a direct 1-to-1 correlation between the distance from the house and my need for the computer.

b) 13 stripes on the US flag
Did I do a disservice to my country by letting a European get that first?

Tanniel

Did I do a disservice to my country by letting a European get that first?
Yes. Yes you did. I'm taking your guns away, you don't deserve them. And then I'll probably accidentally shoot myself in the foot because I have no experience handling guns.

Proposed addendum to the rules: When you solve one, you get to create a new one to take its place?

Matticus Primal

Yes. Yes you did. I'm taking your guns away, you don't deserve them. And then I'll probably accidentally shoot myself in the foot because I have no experience handling guns.
If you accidently shot yourself we'd make you an honorary American. Or if you shot someone else on purpose.

Proposed addendum to the rules: When you solve one, you get to create a new one to take its place?
Oooh, I like this. Here's mine:

g) 4 = C D.

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
I'm good with that. As far as I'm concerned, post away. Keep with the lettering system if that works for everyone or we could refer to the "Reply number"

Only 1 left now "c"

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
99 = P, b t B =/= 1