Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TomTB, Nov 22, 2015.

1. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

Fairly sure I've found them all now :) ... plus they let me know when they're being attacked, so the rest of the time I can just put my feet up and enjoy a cold, refreshing Nuka Cola.

2. TomTB

Pretty much completed this now, including the recently released expansion pack. This and Skyrim are definitely my two top games ever.

Guess I'll just have to sit back now and wait for the next Elder Scrolls game to be released (I bought the online ES game and it was a pile of crap).

3. Anti_Quated

Anti_Quated Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

I remember watching my younger brother play Fallout 2.... erm... 15 odd years ago. He visited some shanty town and had to arm-wrestle a mutant for some item, with the stakes being his character's arse. Needless to say, he lost the match, fade to black, screen refreshed with his character in the mutant's bedroom, ball-gag in his inventory. Hahahahahaha. Good times. Fallout 4 have any mutant-gimp encounters for hilarity's sake?

4. TomTB

When I was playing it I remember thinking to myself "you know what this needs, some mutant gimp action" .. Alas, it was sadly lacking in this department.

5. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

I started playing this again out of some weird craving. If you want a fun replay, you should try this build! Start with 9 str and 9 agil, grab blitz and rooted. In vats you can teleport to nearby enemies for Melee attacks, do massive dmg , and take basically no dmg. Head straight for diamond city and overhear info about the combat zone. Head over there, grab cait, then head to hubris comics nearby. Grab the axe with cait's help opening the lock, head up the stairs, and grab the costume.

Congrats, you're now an axe-wielding, teleporting barbarian/jedi. The costume acts as clothes plus chest armor, but you can still equip all other slots. As for other stats, you can go 5 luck for idiot savant, high end for some regen stuff and limb protection, or int for chems/crafting.

Sneak up to the first enemy, 1 shot it, then bounce around 1shotting everything else.

6. TomTB

What is blitz and rooted???

I started playing this again today after about a 6 month hiatus. Currently rocking all over Nuka-World!

7. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

Rooted is from the strength tree, 9 points, and it provides a damage/defense buff when you're not moving. For some reason it works during VATS attacks using blitz. Blitz is an agil skill that allows you to do melee attacks from further away in VATS. Imagine walking into a large room, selecting VATS, cycling through the enemies and assigning 1 swing to each, then activating the attacks and your guy just teleports from one enemy to the next, 1 hit killing them.

8. TomTB

Think I'm finally done with this now. Reached Level 110, I own about 20 suits of power armour, I have a machine gun which has exploding bullets which means I kick anyone's ass, I've built myself a pad in about every settlement (incl. a 10 storey one at Red Rocket Truck Stop), I have a full manufacturing facility (bullets, grenades etc). Every time I play it I just end up wondering about in the (dwindling) hope of finding a new location, or even better a new mission, so I think it's time to hang up my Fallout 4 boots.

At least I got good value for money out of it!