Favorite Anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Jonathan Bowerman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Jonathan Bowerman

Jonathan Bowerman Killed in the battle against the Mad King

Hello, all! What is your favorite anime, which anime are you currently watching, and what is your top 5 of ALL TIME anime?

Thanks!

2. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

My top pick so far has to be Shuumatsu no Izetta. Whilst you could tell towards the end that the studio had been a bit rushed, it sucked me in with an engaging storyline, characters I cared about and even managed to keep me completely off-balance for the entire runtime.

My current seasonals are Konosuba, RWBY, and Youjo Senki. All worth a look.

As to all time top picks, that's hard. I've given my number 1 pick already, so others worth mentioning would be Noucome, Re:Zero, Akame ga Kill!, Keijo, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. For JoJo, Part 3 is the best one adapted to anime so far.

3. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Journeyed there and back again

Ghost in the shell
    Cowboys bebop
    FLCL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maark Abbott

Oh yeah. I finished Momo Kyun Sword the other week and started on Lostorage Incited WIXOSS. MKS is very much an adventure battle anime with a lot of fanservice but Haruka Chisuga did the op/ed themes which was really why I watched it, and it did genuinely become decent near the end.

LIW is a card battle anime, which is why I put off watching it for a bit (the strong animation caught my eye). I've been surprised by how good it actually is - ostensibly, the MC gets into the game as a way to combat loneliness and is trying to find her childhood best friend who rejects her thoroughly. I'm halfway done with the series now and it's setting up to be a heartbreaker.

5. GreyMouser

GreyMouser Journeyed there and back again

Attack on Titan
    Berserk
    One Punch Man
    Fate Zero
    Naruto

6. chongjasmine

chongjasmine Got in a fistfight with Dresden

For me, it is detective conan.
    I know the series is quite of repetitive, but I love the world.

7. Maark Abbott

I just finished School Days and hot mother of DAMN that got dark at the end.

8. Andy Kroll

Andy Kroll A Muggle

Man, that's a tough question!

My favorite anime of all time has got to be Outlaw Star! Old, but definitely a classic.

My favorite that I'm watching is probably Konosuba or Haikyuu! Both are great, although some don't care for sports animes so much.

Top 5 of all time (other than Outlaw Star and in no particular order)
    1) To Aru Majutsu No Index / To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (I really like in-depth stories and parallel stories)
    2) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    3) Denno Coil
    4) Trigun
    5) Noragami

9. Vasher

Vasher Helped Logen count his fingers

Top 5 requires more thought power than I'm willing to use right now. I will say that my number one will always be FLCL. I just saw it at the perfect age and every time I've re-watched it over the years it's held up. It's just such a fantastic coming of age story with amazing music, a great sense of humor, and style for days. I also loved Escaflowne, Death Note, Trigun, and Mushishi. The only anime I've seen in the past few years that really stuck with me at all is Your Lie in April.

10. Noor Al-Shanti

Noor Al-Shanti Helped Logen count his fingers

I'm currently watching ReZero.

Hmmmm... I don't know if I've really watched enough to make a top 5 list, but let me rank the ones I've seen and enjoyed:

1) HunterxHunter
    2) Naruto (with a lot of filler skipping near the end of Shippuden!)
    3) Attack on Titan
    4) One Punch Man
    5) Seki-Kun: Master of Killing Time

But really, I love Miyazaki's Anime most of and will re-watch those endlessly. Especially Nausicaa and Conan boy in Future. :)