Favorite Fantasy creation/character race/whatever...

Hikerike

Owns a Ring of Power
Love human characters just plain realistic without any embellishments
Also love it when the gods step down into human affairs. Which is why one the best series ever written is the Malayan series .

Hate fairies **** good god what's the point . Other characters are fairly acceptable
Syl , or Sylphrena from The way of kings is kinda cool. I think a spren counts as fairy , she has those qualities. I like her very much, very intriguing character! I also have this huge "i want to protect her and keep her safe like she's my baby sister" feel about her.

Joel

Possibly a Darkfriend
I like the Parshendi in Way of kings. I'm not sure i'd call them my favirote but as far as new original "fresh" races go, they're quite intresting, especial due to the revaltion at the end of the first book (Which i wont mention here but those who have read the book will know what i mean) that was quite chilling.
Oh and the Shanka in Joe abercrombies circle of the world universe are cool, yes they are basically a replacment for orcs/goblins, but id rather someone make their own equivelent than just borrow them from the "Generic/Cliche box"

moonspawn

Journeyed there and back again
favorite race- Tiste Andii/Parshendi

favorite magic system- Alomancy

favorite weapon- Dragnipur

favorite city- Darujistan

favorite place to be- moon spawn

not sure if this is accurate. Just writing down what comes to my head first.

Antoxx

favorite race- Tiste Andii/Parshendi

favorite magic system- Alomancy

favorite weapon- Dragnipur

favorite city- Darujistan

favorite place to be- moon spawn

not sure if this is accurate. Just writing down what comes to my head first.
Nice! Very heavy on Malazan though. Totally agree with Allomancy being my favourite magic system too. When I first read Mistborn it blew me away.

Hand of Fear

My favorite race has to been the Drow/Dark Elfs and yes this comes from reading a lot of FR books by none other than R. A. Salvatore. I just love the hierarchy and the way that they can be so damn mean and single minded (I'm nothing like this in real life, the complete opposite in fact, but if I had a day in the life of being a Drow I wouldn't pass it up).

They will always have a special place in my heart, though these days as I'm getting older and having found this site my taste has changed and I find myself reading a lot more books with humans. I was quite surprised when one of my favorite authors was in the WORST fantasy list, but as I have become more educated in my reading I can see why he is there.

Antoxx

They will always have a special place in my heart, though these days as I'm getting older and having found this site my taste has changed and I find myself reading a lot more books with humans. I was quite surprised when one of my favorite authors was in the WORST fantasy list, but as I have become more educated in my reading I can see why he is there.
Same thing happened to me with David Eddings when I started reimmersing myself into fantasy. I had such strong nostalgic feelings forhim as an author I couldn't believe anyone could thhink he wrote poorly.

moonspawn

Hold on.... thought of some more favorites

most influential concepts- mist from mistborn/dust from his dark materials

magic item- Lord Voldemort's journal

fantastical character- Anomander Rake- most bad ass character ever.

Zarien

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
While I have a small preference for human oriented stories, I don't mind reading about dwarves or elves. Or dragons for that matter. But as has been mentioned quite a few times by now, those kind of characters tend to be either; Too powerful, too perfect or too boring. Basically, a black cauldron of crap archetypes mixed up with generic storylines.

What I really like, is good characterization. It can almost always move me more than a good story. A flawed character which is trying to do the best he/she can, always gets my attention and I feel it makes a better story. Harry Dresden, Kaladin, Kelsier and so on.

I cannot begin to describe how much I hurt while reading about Fitz or Ender. The books became intimate and personal on a level only few has manage to reach with me. To me, this makes good writing great.

Couldn't have said it better, you mentioned all the type of main characters I wanted to. I love good characterization and the flaws really ground the story for me. Ender was great, but I felt like the characterization achieved in the beginning was lost in the sequel books.