Forthcoming Fantasy and Science Fiction books in 2017

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Alucard, Jan 1, 2017.

1. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Forget Cameron, I feel sorry for me.

Yes, when I tried The Master Cameron, that dog book came up first by Bruce Cameron and The Master was the second book. Now it's gone.

Thanks for the info, Alucard Dracula backwards.

2. kenubrion

Hi Alucard. Tyrant's Throne is June 6 now (someone may have have already mentioned that old news) and The Seven/Vagrant is now October 3.

3. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

As I wrote (maybe in too small of a letter size) The Seven is a UK pub date. It's already out and about. And so is Tyrant's Throne.

Usually the dates are US, because that's where majority of books is published first. However, when UK or any other country gets their books before US, for any reason, I choose to put that date.
    Basically whenever is first pub. date that's what goes on the list. I usually include a disclaimer right next to it to let people know ;) I forgot to add that next to Tyrant's Throne, but now you know.

4. Sneaky Burrito

Sneaky Burrito Crazy Cat Lady Staff Member

I get irritated with the Peter Newman books coming out so late in the US versus the UK, but this was a reminder for me to go order it from a UK-based seller on AbeBooks.

ETA: I even had an AbeBooks coupon in my email. Got it for about $13 with free shipping.

5. Alucard

Yes that's certainly an option if you read paper books still. Bookdepository is another good one irrelevant of where one is in the world because they have worldwide free shipping.
    If you read kindle books exclusively however you'll have to wait.

6. kenubrion

Thank you.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

Any fellow Planet of the Apes fans out there?
    In 2017 two POTA Omnibuses were published. Vol 1 contains episodes 2 &3 and vol. II has episodes 3,4 and 2001 version of the original #1 whose exclusion is outlined in the first Amazon review.

UPCOMING September 2017 is Omnibus 3. (The movies after 2001). Omnibus 4 & 5 will be other related tales.

8. Andrew.J

Andrew.J Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

Sanderson's Oathbringer now has a release date: November 14th
    And Andy Weir's new novel Artemis is slated for November 14th as well. I'm quite excited about this one. Didn't know about it before today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Alucard

Thank you!

@Darth Tater
    Are these omnibuses of previously published material? Because I only list books that are being published for the first time.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

Well, to give you about the shortest possible answer to your speciic question : some are brand new never before published stories.

11. S. K. Inkslinger

S. K. Inkslinger A farm boy with a sword

14th November for Oathbringer! I should be done with The Words of Radiance right around then, so it'll be a perfect continuation. Now I can't wait for that day to arrive. :cat:

• Like Like x 1