Forthcoming Fantasy and Science Fiction books in 2018

Darwin

Journeyed there and back again
Heroes Die doesn't have much overlap with Awaken Online, imo. The protagonist of Awaken Online isn't really an evil or even morally ambiguous character. He's genuinely a good guy. I can't really explain without spoiling things, but it's cleverly done. The protagonist of Heroes Die is a ruthless fucking murderer, and not in a video game.

If you want to try LitRPG, this is the series to read. The author pumps out new stories quickly, and they're well written. Most of the rest of the genre is basically garbage. I have a soft spot for it, but it's generally very poor quality, the plots are all a mess, and there's typically strong misogynistic tones. In addition to the main storyline, there's already a side-story for one of AO's companion characters, and the author has plans to write more.

JHBSmith

Philosophizes with Kellhus
Would it be alright to add mine to the list? It's being published soon, and is a MG children's book - but very much fantasy still...

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Would it be alright to add mine to the list? It's being published soon, and is a MG children's book - but very much fantasy still...
I don't see why not. We just have to wait for @Alucard to pop over.

JHBSmith

Philosophizes with Kellhus
Yeah, I'm really lucky to get it - you never can know what your publisher will pick, so it was a real relief to see something so good!