Forum Members: Lost & Found

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Hey DT :) You're a blast from the past .. Welcome back! I was only reading a bunch of your posts a couple days ago over in the Night Circus book thread and wondering where you'd gotten to.

Antoxx disappeared just as suddenly as you did .. here one minute gone the next. Derk has done a cracking job of keeping the list going though.
Welcome back DT!

Hmm Tom, mayhap we should create a thread for "missing forum members". For example, I haven't seen @Griffin in a while and now @Derk of Derkholm seems to be very quiet too all of a sudden... We can't have that of course. Don't they know about the rule that you have to post at least once a week?

TOMTB EDIT - This is a new thread created out of a few posts within another thread (mainly by Silvion 'Derailer' Night) where we can discuss all those old faces that don't show their faces as much as we'd all like. COME BACK! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome back DT!

Hmm Tom, mayhap we should create a thread for "missing forum members". For example, I haven't seen @Griffin in a while and now @Derk of Derkholm seems to be very quiet too all of a sudden... We can't have that of course. Don't they know about the rule that you have to post at least once a week?
Well half the moderators only rock up once in a blue moon, so I guess we have to give some slack to the irregular posters ;) Derk and Griff, but also HoF & several others don't show their faces as much as would be nice .. but hey, we all have lives to lead :)

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
Gosh. I remember all those good people you named. I remember a Sir Arthur, ,jon Snow, a really swet young lady who sent me gorgeous pictures from Australia, someone who loved the night circus and a nice girl who ran the book club, (cannot remember if that was all the same gal), I remember every one of you who reresponded to this thread (except one...maybe another... who POSSIBLY came after I left), someone who hated LOTR ( maybe that was epic). I'm sur I will remember more once I get more of a chance to poke around.

Again, so very sad my friend Anyoxx left but maybe he will return. People who are gone s long time usually don't at least not on a forum I've been a member on for 11 years and I sincerely hope they left for reasons other than bad health or a tragedy. I knew a couple of people there who died. One lady was very very old and another lost his battle with cancer. Some left after getting upset with the big cheese (Who is actually a great guy but running a forum isn't easy as I'm sure Ben will agree with, especially since his hand is in so many other things). Well, I'm flattered some remembered me, (even though I was here less than a year I believe) really good to see so many familiar "faces"!!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gosh. I remember all those good people you named. I remember a Sir Arthur, ,jon Snow, a really swet young lady who sent me gorgeous pictures from Australia, someone who loved the night circus and a nice girl who ran the book club, (cannot remember if that was all the same gal), I remember every one of you who reresponded to this thread (except one...maybe another... who POSSIBLY came after I left), someone who hated LOTR ( maybe that was epic). I'm sur I will remember more once I get more of a chance to poke around.

Again, so very sad my friend Anyoxx left but maybe he will return. People who are gone s long time usually don't at least not on a forum I've been a member on for 11 years and I sincerely hope they left for reasons other than bad health or a tragedy. I knew a couple of people there who died. One lady was very very old and another lost his battle with cancer. Some left after getting upset with the big cheese (Who is actually a great guy but running a forum isn't easy as I'm sure Ben will agree with, especially since his hand is in so many other things). Well, I'm flattered some remembered me, (even though I was here less than a year I believe) really good to see so many familiar "faces"!!
I think @Danica was at least 3 of the people you mentioned ;) .. Alas, she's fallen out of love with the fantasy genre, and rather selfishly gone and gotten married, so we don't see her as much as a lot of us would like. @Sir Arthur comes by from time to time, and @Jon Snow runs the show along with @btkong so he's never far away. I agree @moonspawn it would be great to see @epicfantasyfreak back to listen to his rants. You're right @Silvion Night .. This deserves a dedicated thread! :)

Now ... how many other wonderful members can I tag in a thread ...

(@Boreas @Hand of Fear @João Ribeiro @Aikura @blitzburns4 and the Beer Snowman brewer from America .. maybe :) )

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
I think @Danica was at least 3 of the people you mentioned ;) .. Alas, she's fallen out of love with the fantasy genre, and rather selfishly gone and gotten married, so we don't see her as much as a lot of us would like. @Sir Arthur comes by from time to time, and @Jon Snow runs the show along with @btkong so he's never far away. I agree @moonspawn it would be great to see @epicfantasyfreak back to listen to his rants. You're right @Silvion Night .. This deserves a dedicated thread! :)

Now ... how many other wonderful members can I tag in a thread ...

(@Boreas @Hand of Fear @João Ribeiro @Aikura @blitzburns4 and the Beer Snowman brewer from America .. maybe :) )
Bingo, Tom!

Danica. Well another very big disappointment. I'm very happy for her and glad others ARE here. That's just the nature of things. New people usually step up to the plate and I'm looking forward to meeting them! I won't say "replaced" the others because you can never reaplace the person themselves, can you? You can replace their positions or whatever (for better or worse , but not the individual.

But here I go sounding all melancholy and if you'll pardon the cliché "the show must go on". It's amazing all of the exciting upgrades and cool new book things going on!!

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Bingo, Tom!

Danica. Well another very big disappointment. I'm very happy for her and glad others ARE here. That's just the nature of things. New people usually step up to the plate and I'm looking forward to meeting them! I won't say "replaced" the others because you can never reaplace the person themselves, can you? You can replace their positions or whatever (for better or worse , but not the individual.

But here I go sounding all melancholy and if you'll pardon the cliché "the show must go on". It's amazing all of the exciting upgrades and cool new book things going on!!
Danica is still around though. She logs in from time to time to lament about the fact that she's currently fed up with fantasy.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Do you know why she is fed up with fantasy? I'm surprised. She always seemed so enthusiastic about it.
Not sure. This is what she said last month in an other thread:

I've never stopped reading but I'm finding it really hard to get back into fantasy, it's been months and months
@TomTB: could you perhaps move this whole discussion to a dedicated thread? I'm afraid we again derailed the thread (If ever I get a custom sig I'm going for 'The Derailer').

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure. This is what she said last month in an other thread:

@TomTB: could you perhaps move this whole discussion to a dedicated thread? I'm afraid we again derailed the thread (If ever I get a custom sig I'm going for 'The Derailer').
No probs .. will do it when I get home .. it's easier on my laptop. What shall we call it? Forum Members: Lost & Found?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
No probs .. will do it when I get home .. it's easier on my laptop. What shall we call it? Forum Members: Lost & Found?
Thanks Tom. And yes, I like the title.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
It just happened that when I logged in this time I had been tagged in something, I bought 3 books because I kept browsing :)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
@MorteTorment and @Mohammed Al Mulla haven't been seen in an eternity either. I imagine Morte has read over a thousand books since he last popped by, and Mo must have finished his calligraphy copy of the entire David Gemmell back catalogue by now ...

If you guys ever do swing by, hi !! :)