Get your Malazan fix: release date of Path to Ascendancy 3 announced!

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
With a going title of 'Kellanved's Reach', this final book of the prequel trilogy about the adventures of Dancer and Kellanved before the events of Malazan main series will be released on 19 February 2019.

Link: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9780765379481

I'm really happy with this, as I had planned to only start this trilogy when all books were released. The other two are here on the shelf, waiting to be read. Psyched!

@Alucard: maybe to add to your dedicated thread (although I know that it is meant for 2018 releases).

How do you guys feel about this release? I heard lots of good stories about this trilogy. Are you excited about this?

Hand of Fear

Journeyed there and back again
I’ve read the first and second books of this trilogy, I enjoyed them both but I felt the second one wasn’t as good as the first. I would love to go into more detail, but I can’t remember why I felt that way.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I think I will start the first of the trilogy at the end of the year so that I have the first 2 finished by the time book 3 is released.

Maark Abbott

Journeyed there and back again
Meh, P2A is middling at best. Considering that this is outselling Kharkanas to the point AWIS has been infedinitely delayed, my faith in the Empire is damaged.

Bill Door

Told lies with Locke
I've been meaning to get to this prequel trilogy, but I think I'll also wait till early next year so I can just read them consecutively.

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I've been meaning to get to this series, but I think I'll also wait till early next year so I can just read them consecutively.
Do you mean the prequel series, or Malazan in general?

Bill Door

Told lies with Locke
Do you mean the prequel series, or Malazan in general?
Oh, yeah, I mean just this prequel series. I've read the 10 Malazan novels, Esslemont's accompanying novels, and Forge of Darkness. The first two of this trilogy, Fall of Light, and the Bauchelain and Korbal Broach short novels are what I still need to read.

Last edited: