Golden Son - Pierce Brown

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member

GreyMouser

Journeyed there and back again
I judge a book by how hard it is to put down and this book, like Red Rising, had me up in the wee hours of the night.

Golden Son 9
Red Rising 9.5

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Since this thread is getting noticed now and I think I'll get an answer, I thought I would ask about reviews of sci-fi books published in 2015. Would that be appropriate for this thread? Seeing Golden Son, which I have commented on above, made we wonder if I can review The Lazarus War: Artefact, which is a 2015 published sci-fi that is just wonderful. If not, no biggie, I got the review out of my system at Amazon. Thanks.
You got that review? I can post it if you'd like.

Bridgefour

Hung out on a briar with Honorable Jorg
Astounding series, I'm not hugely in to sci fi but these books encapsulated me and I slept very little one weekend reading both. The moral dilemmas encountered are visceral, the action is non stop fantastical madness, and all the characters (except the jackal and empress perhaps) are shades of grey. 9/10

MrMarbles

Fought a battle in the name of the old gods
I preferred Red Rising (8.5/10) to Golden Son (8/10). It was more intimate, and simpler. All the space battles and betrayals started to bleed together a bit for me in the sequel. I am still very interested to read the concluding volume of the trilogy!