Goodkind's Groundbreaking New Original Series

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
The Law of Nines Terry Goodkind. Putnam, $27.95 (512p) ISBN 978-0-399-15604-5

Bestseller Goodkind (Confessor) ventures into thriller territory with results sure to please fans of his fantasy fiction. In the opening pages, Alex Rahl, the book’s unwitting hero, saves the beautiful Jax from being run down on the street in Orden, Neb., by a plumbing truck flying a pirate flag. Jax, who turns out to be from an alternate reality where evildoers are attempting to seize control of her civilization, has traveled to Nebraska to seek Alex’s help in saving her people. In Jax’s world, magic takes the place of technology, but on earth she’s stripped of her powers and forced to fight armed with only her trusty dagger. The author takes his time setting all this up, but once the story gets rolling, it’s a gripping ride as the bad guys whoosh in between their world, which remains unseen, and ours. Fantasy and thriller readers alike will find themselves swept along to the final confrontation and looking forward to the next installment. (Sept.)

Nope, this isn't a joke: http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6665994.html?nid=3336 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

HazyJay

Is a wondrous friend of modest Kruppe
Alex Rahl? Really? Do Alex and Jax fall madly in love and then get separated so we get chapter upon chapter of them whinging about being apart? Are there yet more leather clad manifestations of Goodkind's inability to have a healthy relationship with a woman?

btkong

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
Uh...groundbreakingly unorigional you mean? For a second there, I *thought* the description was talking about A Wizard's First Rule. Oh wait, maybe it was! It's origional because it's SOT set in modern times!

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
I won't read it because I don't want Khalan and Richa... er, Jax and Alex to spend 200 of the 600 pages with monologues about how their political system of freedom is better than the oppressive regime of Jaga... er, the "bad guys" that "whoosh" over to The boxes of... er I mean the CITY OF ORDEN.

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
That was the funniest thing I have seen this year. Even better than the Eddie Izzard Star Wars Canteen.

"I'm in the mood for some horror. No one can screw up a good vampire novel"

LOL LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

btkong

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
When you have milked from the same cow all your life, it's hard to start milking goats... Yea, all the origionality has been drained out of him at this point. Rahl again, sheesh.