A farm boy with a sword
So, out of the blue I get this urge to read this Book I never finished 20 years ago. Trouble is I cannot remember the dang title or author. I'll list what I do remember below in the form of clues, and perhaps some of you can guess what the title of the book is. Have fun!
- Protagonist was a Young Boy (pre-teen age?). An orphan?
- Boy seemed to have recently arrived at this New Planet.
- Boy seems like an Orphan, might have come to the planet to be an Apprentice.
- Apprentice feels like a Blacksmith shop or something, but it is really vague...
- Planet was distinctively Foggy and Swamplike, with settlements.
- Planet's Name might have even sounded foggy like "Fog", "Foth", "Hoth", "Moth"...
- Remember this Swamp Hovercraft that was able to hover or glide on the rough swamp terrain due to having this Super Low-Friction bottom surface.
- Remember some sort of chase with these Hovercrafts that may have culminated around a lake or clearing.
- Remember a Baby Dragon or Small Dragon.
- Seems like the boy found the dragon and Kept it on his Shoulder, or something..
- Boy might have worn a Hooded Cloak...
- Seem to remember a Slave Block auction in town, or something...