Gunpowder fantasy The Woven Ring free to download this week

Matticus Primal

Journeyed there and back again
That's right, I'm doing a Kindle free giveaway Nov 28 - Dec 2, so feel free to pick up a copy. I promise it will be worth what you pay.

Also, this Wednesday the 30th I'll be doing an AMA over at reddit/Fantasy. So stop by and ask some inappropriate questions (appropriate ones will also be welcome).

And now a blurb for the book so as to hopefully wet some whistles:

A fantasy reimagining of the American Civil War, The Woven Ring pits muskets against magic, massive war machines against mind readers, and glass sabers against soldiers in psychic exoskeletons.

In exile since the civil war that tore the nation of Newfield apart, former spy and turncoat Marta Childress wants nothing more than to quietly live out her remaining days in the West. But then her manipulative brother arrives with one final mission: Transport the daughter of a hated inventor deep into the East. Forced to decide between safely delivering the girl and assassinating the inventor, Marta is torn between ensuring the fragile peace and sparking a second civil war.

Aided by an untrustworthy Dobra and his mysterious mute companion, Marta soon discovers that dark forces, human and perhaps the devil herself, seek to end her quest into the East.

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Great! Already downloaded. A fantasy book set during the American Civil War! Really looking forward to it!!

Matticus Primal

Great! Already downloaded. A fantasy book set during the American Civil War! Really looking forward to it!!
Hope you enjoy it. And I should also point out that it is inspired by the American Civil War but takes place on an entirely different world. That said, if you took a sip of an alcoholic beverage every time you saw a parallel between reality and the fantasy world, you'd probably be pretty drunk by end of chapter 2.

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Hope you enjoy it. And I should also point out that it is inspired by the American Civil War but takes place on an entirely different world. That said, if you took a sip of an alcoholic beverage every time you saw a parallel between reality and the fantasy world, you'd probably be pretty drunk by end of chapter 2.
LOL! I see, so this time Conan is drinking in an inspired American Civil War fantasy world...:hungover:

Matticus Primal

LOL! I see, so this time Conan is drinking in an inspired American Civil War fantasy world...:hungover:
I do indeed love drinking and games, so combining the two is the obvious evolution. For a friend's upcoming 40th b-day we have a felt donkey tail attached to a clothespin for a rousing game of "pin the tail on the drunky."