Have You Read This Book?

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
sat in my kindle
You know, you guys made me interested in getting myself a kindle >.< so any one who can tell me about the device? I mean, I do see it in the major Electric Appliances shops.. but never had it in mind to ask about it...
so where do you buy the ebooks??? Can I find ALL the books on kindle?? If not, where can I see the list of books that are available?? can I store the books on SD Cards and swap them?????

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
You know, you guys made me interested in getting myself a kindle >.< so any one who can tell me about the device? I mean, I do see it in the major Electric Appliances shops.. but never had it in mind to ask about it...
so where do you buy the ebooks??? Can I find ALL the books on kindle?? If not, where can I see the list of books that are available?? can I store the books on SD Cards and swap them?????
Mohammed, I didn't get a Kindle until years after they came out and I heard people rave about how good they were, but I stuck with paperbacks. Now that I've had the Kindle Paperwhite (the model you should definitely get because of the built in page light) I think it's the best thing ever invented. You should also get the Kindle reader because of the number of Kindle books available. Other readers work fine though. I mean it, once you used it you will love it. And anyway, you have 30 days and if you don't like it you tell Amazon you want to return it and get your money back (one step process on the order page) and they pick it up! At least they do in the US. Incredibly simple and user friendly returns.

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
I think it's the best thing ever invented.
^^ till recently i believed that the best things that mankind has invented were Fire, Pen and coffee ^^ seems you have added a Kindle to the list ^^

if you don't like it you tell Amazon you want to return it and get your money back .
Am not sure about that.. I Mean, Amazon has a local office here in Dubai.. But i am not sure whether they provide that option ^^ must try it though :)

Thanks for the advice lad ^^ i might go for a Kindle after all ^^ you could be a talented salesman, you know that? ^^ you can convince someone to buy sand while he is standing in a desert ^^

kenubrion

^^ till recently i believed that the best things that mankind has invented were Fire, Pen and coffee ^^ seems you have added a Kindle to the list ^^

Am not sure about that.. I Mean, Amazon has a local office here in Dubai.. But i am not sure whether they provide that option ^^ must try it though :)

Thanks for the advice lad ^^ i might go for a Kindle after all ^^ you could be a talented salesman, you know that? ^^ you can convince someone to buy sand while he is standing in a desert ^^
Yes, but I can't convince anyone to give Sara King's books a try. She's the best author writing sci-fi these days, and also has a couple fantasy books that are very popular. She lives "off the grid" in Alaska, very interesting person and lifestyle.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, but I can't convince anyone to give Sara King's books a try. She's the best author writing sci-fi these days, and also has a couple fantasy books that are very popular. She lives "off the grid" in Alaska, very interesting person and lifestyle.
You've convinced me! She's on my watch list, I'm just waiting for her books to drop in price on kindle.

kenubrion

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
Yes, but I can't convince anyone to give Sara King's books a try.
Maybe you can lad ^^ i never aim toward a certain author when hitting a bookshop.. I just go to the Fiction Section, wish that i have like a million bucks that i can spend over novels.. Select a couple of them based on the short review and the cover illustration and leave ^^ in term of a female authors.. My experience is limited to 1, who is Stella Gemmell.. And the experience was a heartbreaking one >.< now i am trying to flush my mind using Malus Darkblade novel, End Times... I think that that i will seek Sara King lass the next time i visit the bookshop ^^ but i will continue my flushing so i would get ready for a 2nd heartbreak

You've convinced me!.
Wow.. And he was not even trying ^^ it is either that he used a magical spill or you are so easily pursuited ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyMouser

Yes, but I can't convince anyone to give Sara King's books a try.
You convinced me as well! I picked up Forging Zero on kindle a few weeks ago based on your recommendation.

Aliphera

Listens to The Unbeliever whine about life
I accidentally read the second book in the Zero trilogy instead of the first one... Oops. I didn't even notice until I checked goodreads afterwards because I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Either way it was GREAT, so thank you for the rec!

kenubrion

I accidentally read the second book in the Zero trilogy instead of the first one... Oops. I didn't even notice until I checked goodreads afterwards because I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Either way it was GREAT, so thank you for the rec!
Oh, you're welcome Aliphera! Thank YOU for trying them out. Actually, the part about how he gets into this situation which is the beginning of book 1 isn't necessary to enjoy it, now that I think about it.

And Grey Mouser, thank you for trusting me too. I hope you like it.

samalam_91

Mixes poisons and sharpens knives with Kylar
So I have been wanting to start a large series that I can read on the side and I was thinking of reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. I want something that is relatively easy to read and fast paced. Do you guys know if The Dresden Files fit the bill? If not do you know of any large series that do?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
So I have been wanting to start a large series that I can read on the side and I was thinking of reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. I want something that is relatively easy to read and fast paced. Do you guys know if The Dresden Files fit the bill? If not do you know of any large series that do?
The Dresden Files fits the bill quite well. Also, if you're into that, the Discworld series by Pratchett is amazing as well. Light, easy reading, with a lot of humor.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Dresden Files definitely works. They're on special on Amazon (Kindle version) frequently, as well. At least with the US site.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iron Druid Chronicles isn't as large a series as Dresden, but it's still fun and should suit. Saying that, I'd recommend Dresden ahead of it .. the only problem being that Dresden is no way near being complete yet, and now Butcher has started work on another series, it may be several years before it concludes! Iron Druid on the other hand has its penultimate book (8th in the series) coming out in a few months, so shouldn't be as long a wait to reach the end..

samalam_91

Mixes poisons and sharpens knives with Kylar
Awesome :D I will probably start the first book as soon as I finish the Mistborn Trilogy. I will add the Discworld series and The Iron Druid Chronicles to my wish list as they sound great too.

Derk of Derkholm

Has anybody heard of the "Daniel Faust" books yet?

Seems to be an urban fantasy / crime series that some compare with the Dresden Files
(well, not too surprising, as any urban fantasy series will be compared to the Dresden Files, at some point in time)

Best regards,
Andy

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anybody heard of the "Daniel Faust" books yet?

Seems to be an urban fantasy / crime series that some compare with the Dresden Files
(well, not too surprising, as any urban fantasy series will be compared to the Dresden Files, at some point in time)

Best regards,
Andy
I have the first book sat in my kindle, but I haven't read it yet. It sounded like a darker Dresden to me, which appealed.

Derk of Derkholm

Well, please share once you have had time to read it !
(Although I am not completely sure whether I trust your judgement still as much after *cough* Dino *cough* lords :D )
I have requested the free sample on my Kindle and will also look into it.