Have You Read This Book?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by btkong, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Sneaky Burrito

Sneaky Burrito Crazy Cat Lady Staff Member

Been a long, long time since I read Mordant's Need. Like, before I moved to Georgia (and I've been here 11+ years now). POV character is easier to sympathize with. Like Covenant, deals with someone from *this* world traveling elsewhere. More of a traditional pseudo-medieval sort of fantasy setting than Thomas Covenant. But my vague recollection is that I enjoyed it. Magic system was way different from Covenant (honestly more defined, with more rules, but not in a Sanderson-y way).

2. fl1pper

fl1pper Got in a fistfight with Dresden

Stephen Donaldson currently sits on top of my favourite author list, though Steven Erikson is likely to take that honour. I remember enjoying Mordant's need as well but don't recall much about it.

Did you know he has the first of a new trilogy out on November 16th? It's called Seventh Decimate: The Great God's War (Book 1)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  3. Kalavan

Kalavan Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Actually yes, I was aware of that, but I usually avoid ongoing series, unless they are written by a selected number of my favorite authors, I'm already struggling enough with the dozen of incomplete series I'm following.
    And the kindle edition of Seventh Decimate is currently priced a ridiculous 17,47 dollars, nearly 5 bucks more than the 2 books of Mordant's Need together.

4. fl1pper

fl1pper Got in a fistfight with Dresden

I understand what you mean about incomplete series, it can very frustrating. As I've explained before I had a huge period of my life where I read very little so I haven't actually read the The Final Chronicles of TC which is on my list in a couple of books time. I'm actually nervous about it because it doesn't get great reviews and I don't want to spoil the first two trilogies which are my favourite books.