How about another Brandon Sanderson thread? Would anyone like one? Here we go! Pros and Cons!

Alright, let's anagram!

MISTBORN THE FINAL EMPIRE = PREFERENTIAL TOMBS HIM IN or INFERNALITIES HERB POT MM...?

MISTBORN THE WELL OF ASCENSION = FINEST BROWNISH COLON SET MEAL or INFLICT ABSENT HOMEOWNER LOSS?

MISTBORN THE HERO OF AGES = SHAGS HER FINE BOTTOM ORE or GHETTO MASH FOR IRON BEES?

ALLOY OF LAW = LAY LOW LOAF or ALL WAY FOOL?

SHADOWS OF SELF = SOD OFF HAWLESS or SOW SHEDS OFFAL?

BANDS OF MOURNING = FORUM BAN SIGN NOD or NOOBS AND GRIM FUN?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Alright, let's anagram!

MISTBORN THE FINAL EMPIRE = PREFERENTIAL TOMBS HIM IN or INFERNALITIES HERB POT MM...?

MISTBORN THE WELL OF ASCENSION = FINEST BROWNISH COLON SET MEAL or INFLICT ABSENT HOMEOWNER LOSS?

MISTBORN THE HERO OF AGES = SHAGS HER FINE BOTTOM ORE or GHETTO MASH FOR IRON BEES?

ALLOY OF LAW = LAY LOW LOAF or ALL WAY FOOL?

SHADOWS OF SELF = SOD OFF HAWLESS or SOW SHEDS OFFAL?

BANDS OF MOURNING = FORUM BAN SIGN NOD or NOOBS AND GRIM FUN?
That's actually pretty cool. Did you use an online tool for that?

sulfiati.hindman

Possibly a Darkfriend
How does a fantasy author (or anyone for that matter) can even think he'll win people over by being annoying?
People are weird man.
I guess annoying gets you noticed and talked about. Possibly the theory that all publicity is good publicity? Personally I think trying to be liked by being annoying is not a stratergy that would yeild satisfying results but enough people try it that they must get something out of it.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Cyphon

Journeyed there and back again
The people who say that there is no such thing as bad marketing are marketing morons, thought you'll probably benefit from an early bird access to this tiny bit of wisdom. :)
I thought the saying was that there was no such thing as bad publicity, not marketing.

Anyway, now back to an earlier topic possibly not as annoying as anagrams. I think we're talking about the same thing here, using the words 'marketing' and 'publicity' nearly interchangeably. I suppose the almost relevant difference is that marketing is the action and publicity is the goal.
Picture1.jpg

In THE ANNOYOMANCER's case, whether or not it's a bad or good product might be pretty subjective. So far I'm seeing a surprising generational divide! Younger people like it, older people don't.
However if you look at THE ANNOYOMANCER as Bad Marketing for a Good Product (Brandon Sanderson's novels), the result is good for Brandon Sanderson, as not everyone's read all his books yet and my efforts might spark or rekindle interest.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Anyway, now back to an earlier topic possibly not as annoying as anagrams. I think we're talking about the same thing here, using the words 'marketing' and 'publicity' nearly interchangeably. I suppose the almost relevant difference is that marketing is the action and publicity is the goal.
View attachment 879

In THE ANNOYOMANCER's case, whether or not it's a bad or good product might be pretty subjective. So far I'm seeing a surprising generational divide! Younger people like it, older people don't.
However if you look at THE ANNOYOMANCER as Bad Marketing for a Good Product (Brandon Sanderson's novels), the result is good for Brandon Sanderson, as not everyone's read all his books yet and my efforts might spark or rekindle interest.
You've really thought this through eh?

"Alexa, begin self-destruct sequence."

Also it should be
No Marketing < Bad Marketing < Good Marketing
and not as is, with the "<" symbol backwards. ">", more like %>(

So no, I haven't really thought any of this through. I pride myself on my idiocy.

Maark Abbott

Alacard doesn't. But maybe Alucard does, since it is Dracula backwards ;)
Let us go out this evening for pleasure, while the night is still young.

Maark Abbott

Is that a quote? I don't remember it from Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate...
Ah, it's from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, whose protagonist is also called Alucard. Wasn't sure if your username was a SOTN or HS/HSU reference.

Now that we've established that, why on earth is English-voiced Seras a cockney...

"Police girl. When you aim, make sure you put a hole through the heart. Or the head. Just remember: these people did not become undead ghouls by choice. There's no way to cure them once they've been changed. It's for their own sake that we put them to rest as quickly as possible."
"Bladdy 'ell, awright then, me mucker, me marsterh!"