How about another Brandon Sanderson thread? Would anyone like one? Here we go! Pros and Cons!

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by SaranderBrander, Apr 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

Alacard doesn't. But maybe Alucard does, since it is Dracula backwards ;)

2. Matticus Primal

Matticus Primal Journeyed there and back again

Dammit. Now that you've quoted it, I can't go back to edit and save face. Alas.

3. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander A Muggle

Alright, let's anagram!

MISTBORN THE FINAL EMPIRE = PREFERENTIAL TOMBS HIM IN or INFERNALITIES HERB POT MM...?

MISTBORN THE WELL OF ASCENSION = FINEST BROWNISH COLON SET MEAL or INFLICT ABSENT HOMEOWNER LOSS?

MISTBORN THE HERO OF AGES = SHAGS HER FINE BOTTOM ORE or GHETTO MASH FOR IRON BEES?

ALLOY OF LAW = LAY LOW LOAF or ALL WAY FOOL?

SHADOWS OF SELF = SOD OFF HAWLESS or SOW SHEDS OFFAL?

BANDS OF MOURNING = FORUM BAN SIGN NOD or NOOBS AND GRIM FUN?

4. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

That's actually pretty cool. Did you use an online tool for that?

5. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander A Muggle

Oh crabs it's addictive... I've been at it for the past 24 hours. I can't stop.
    http://www.wordplays.com/anagrammer
    is too much fun!

ARCANUM UNBONDED = AN ABED CONUNDRUM or UNNAMED CRAB UDON?

6. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Journeyed there and back again

As a nightmare. ;)

7. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander A Muggle

As a nightmare = Martha Gaines? Who is Martha Gaines? Why did you say that name?

8. sulfiati.hindman

sulfiati.hindman Possibly a Darkfriend

I guess annoying gets you noticed and talked about. Possibly the theory that all publicity is good publicity? Personally I think trying to be liked by being annoying is not a stratergy that would yeild satisfying results but enough people try it that they must get something out of it.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

9. Cyphon

Cyphon Journeyed there and back again

I thought the saying was that there was no such thing as bad publicity, not marketing.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

11. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander A Muggle

Anyway, now back to an earlier topic possibly not as annoying as anagrams. I think we're talking about the same thing here, using the words 'marketing' and 'publicity' nearly interchangeably. I suppose the almost relevant difference is that marketing is the action and publicity is the goal.
    Picture1.jpg

In THE ANNOYOMANCER's case, whether or not it's a bad or good product might be pretty subjective. So far I'm seeing a surprising generational divide! Younger people like it, older people don't.
    However if you look at THE ANNOYOMANCER as Bad Marketing for a Good Product (Brandon Sanderson's novels), the result is good for Brandon Sanderson, as not everyone's read all his books yet and my efforts might spark or rekindle interest.

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Journeyed there and back again

Well, on the bright side, at least YOU didn't think his name was Al Ucard , like someone I know...:bag: :hilarious:

13. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

14. Silvion Night

It was only active for a couple of hours. Funny thing is that I've now come across this news story via 3 different WhatsApp groups, on Facebook and on this forum. Perhaps this was the intent all along? Those are some next level marketing skills right there.

15. Silvion Night

You've really thought this through eh?

16. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander A Muggle

"Alexa, begin self-destruct sequence."

Also it should be
    No Marketing < Bad Marketing < Good Marketing
    and not as is, with the "<" symbol backwards. ">", more like %>(

So no, I haven't really thought any of this through. I pride myself on my idiocy.

17. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Let us go out this evening for pleasure, while the night is still young.

18. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Journeyed there and back again

Thanks for proving my point

19. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

Is that a quote? I don't remember it from Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate...

20. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Ah, it's from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, whose protagonist is also called Alucard. Wasn't sure if your username was a SOTN or HS/HSU reference.

Now that we've established that, why on earth is English-voiced Seras a cockney...

"Police girl. When you aim, make sure you put a hole through the heart. Or the head. Just remember: these people did not become undead ghouls by choice. There's no way to cure them once they've been changed. It's for their own sake that we put them to rest as quickly as possible."
    "Bladdy 'ell, awright then, me mucker, me marsterh!"