How Big is your TBR Pile ?

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
119. Yes I said 119 and that's not including books my wife owns that I want to read like NOS 4A2 or books I want to reread like The Dark Tower series. It's the HPB outlet near me that causes it. How do you not buy a paperback for $0.50 or their recent sale where every book in the store was $1? I have basically pieced together a lot of series for less than the price of one book that way.
Good thread resurrection sopranosfan, lots of funny posts. Seems my number one goal is to keep from adding to the TBR pile yet making a note about the book that just caught my attention. I've got 150 books waiting on the paperwhite which is just ridiculous, half of those being merely samples though.

Jakyro

Just had a look:
- crime fiction: about 8 books. I'm not planning to buy any new ones for now (only if Nesbo has a new one, I'll be buying that). My girlfriend also has a lot of crime fiction; someday I'll try to read those as well
- fantasy: still finishing ASOIAF. I have AFFC and ADWD to go. I also have the kingkiller chronicle on my stack. I'll be getting some new ones soon: first law trilogy, magicians trilogy and mistborn trilogy. Just recieved news I won the first book in a new Dutch fantasy series, so that makes 14.

wakarimasen

My TBR pile is purely mental, with three kids and no space I work on a Just In Time book supply chain (recently brought to its knees by The Martian - no it still hasn't arrived). I have an image of things to read in my head but since being on this site I've been trying not to look at it. It's towering large in the back corner, by the dusty oak drawers that open spherically into the middle of my head containing lesser used facts and people's names (who needs 'em? I've worked with people for years and never learnt their names). I just glanced at it now and I'd say it was at least 15 books high, thank Moses I haven't put Malazan back there.

João Ribeiro

My TBR pile is purely mental
Same here. I can't really maintain a file or a list. Especially since every time I log in here it seems to grow. I guess I'm just one of those guys that's super focused and then...Ooooh squirrel.

There are a few books that I know I must read but right now they aren't even available:

Stormlight 3 (Skybreaker or whatever it ends up being the title)
Shadows of Self
Bands of Mourning (hmmm I sense a pattern here)
Door of Stone
Peace Talks
The Thorn of Emberlain

From what's out now Half a King is next, the latest buzz around the Martian has peaked my interest (the squirrel thing) and the Magic Ex Libris seems like a close enough match to get my Dresden fix until Peace Talks comes out.

Well these and many other squirrels I'll come across.

Scorpio1990

Has been in the eye of the world
I'm strange, I never really plan ahead. I take it one book at a time otherwise my list would be too long and I would never finish!

Hand of Fear

I've got 12 that I know about, but I think I have a few others hiding around somewhere that I haven't read. I usually ask for books for my birthday/Christmas, and I also buy a few in between really speaking I don't think I'd have to buy any books for myself ever again because of my birthday & Christmas as they always get topped up.

These are the books I have to read :

The Republic of Thieves
Stonewielder
Orb Sceptre Throne
Shift
Blood Song
Revelation Space
Hyperion
Magician
Prince of Thorns
Infected
Assassin's Apprentice
The Night Circus

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
No effing idea how big my pile is. There's a stack of books on my dining table, random books all over my shelves, and probably 10-15 things on my Kindle I haven't opened. It could be 50 or 100 books, for all I know.

atheling

A Poet of the Khaiem
I've worked with people for years and never learnt their names
I've been like this all my life. I'm a big fan of "hey! you there!" Worked well enough for years. I must have a brain lesion in whatever part of the cerebral cortex stores names.

Same here. I can't really maintain a file or a list. Especially since every time I log in here it seems to grow. I guess I'm just one of those guys that's super focused and then...Ooooh squirrel.
that's how the TBR pile comes to be! it's got just so many books, then--oooh, shiny! one more.

my piles seem to go through a kind of book stack mitosis, so there are actually several TBR piles, growing in number every week...

ofer

How do you judge the size of your TBR file?

If it's books that I own and yet to read, it's something like 10-15.
If it's books that I own and yet to read + books that I decided I want to read as soon as possible, it's 30-35.
If it's books that I own and yet to read + books that I decided I want to read as soon as possible + books that I want to read but in no immediate hurry to get to them, I'm getting closer to triple digits.
If it's books that I own and yet to read + books that I decided I want to read as soon as possible + books that I want to read but in no immediate hurry to get to them + books that I'm interested in reading them at some point in the future then it's really starting to pile up...you get the picture.