I Challenge You!

TomTB

The Master Tweeter
Staff member
I once bought a bottle of Hot Sauce called 'Blow Your Cock Off', and it almost did! I vowed never again to make a similar mistake, so I shall personally decline your kind offer, but hats off to you for manning up to the challenge!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Ha! The hot sauce industry has gotten so creative with its products. My favorite, taste-wise, is called Scorned Woman.
I saw one in New Orleans called "Rectum Wrecker." I walked right on by without stopping and I don't regret it the least little bit.

Bierschneeman

Journeyed there and back again
my theory. if it has all original unprocessed ingredients. I'm game. if it says, "pepper extract" or "caspsicum " i pass .

removing flavor to increase intensity. what's the point?

ABatch

Ran bridges next to Kaladin
I saw one in New Orleans called "Rectum Wrecker." I walked right on by without stopping and I don't regret it the least little bit.
There are ways of...uh...alleviating that pain, but I won't go into details.
my theory. if it has all original unprocessed ingredients. I'm game. if it says, "pepper extract" or "caspsicum " i pass .

removing flavor to increase intensity. what's the point?
The Paqui Carolina Reaper Madness chip has the following ingredients, and I quote: "Ground corn, canola oil, Carolina Reaper Peppers, Ghost Peppers, Sea Salt, Chipotle Pepper powder, Yeast extract." Period.

Bierschneeman

There are ways of...uh...alleviating that pain, but I won't go into details.

The Paqui Carolina Reaper Madness chip has the following ingredients, and I quote: "Ground corn, canola oil, Carolina Reaper Peppers, Ghost Peppers, Sea Salt, Chipotle Pepper powder, Yeast extract." Period.
okay. I'll look into it.

Bierschneeman

nope.

50$ for one chip.

I have fundamental disgust for that level of price manipulation driven by intential scarcity. the cost of ingredients is less than 5$.

(it's like miracle whip. invented as a cheap alternative to mayo, using muuuuch cheaper ingredients. now it's the most expensive thing on they shelf because it has brand recognition. but "WE'RE PAYING PREMIUM PRICES FOR A LOWER QUALITY PRODUCT!!")

Amaryllis

I was going to do this, back before I discovered that the price was something like $80 for a single chip (dunno if they lowered it since). $80 for me to feel like I'm dying for 15min, with nothing to gain from it but maybe some youtube braggadocio? Sorry, the company will need to do something besides double dog dare me to eat their hellish chip.

Not to rain on the parade of people who enjoy this sort of thing. More power to you/them. But I think I can find a ton of other more satisfying ways to almost die for $80.

ABatch

Ran bridges next to Kaladin
Mine was $35 on ebay. But again, if you look at it as a consumable, sure, it's a lot of money for a little food. If, on the other hand, you see it as an experience, it may be well worth your price. I dunno.

Darth Tater

Mine was $35 on ebay. But again, if you look at it as a consumable, sure, it's a lot of money for a little food. If, on the other hand, you see it as an experience, it may be well worth your price. I dunno.
There are what I consider good experiences and bad experiences. I can get more than my quota of the latter for free. But different strokes...if you had fun challenging yourself (and others) and doing a video then it is money you will always consider well spent and that makes it worth every penny. ;) Me, I’m taking that same $35 and ordering the Ultimate Feast at Red Lobster. (Lobster tail, crab legs, fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, choice of potato, soup or salad, and cheese biscuits). But not everyone likes seafood nor is it a lifetime memory.

Sparrow

That chip is waaaaaaaay out of my league.
I once took a bite of a scotch bonnet pepper and I really thought I was going to pass out from the pain. It was so bright and orange, a cheery little vegetable that I was told, erroneously as it seems, that it was a little hotter than "the peppers they put on pizza". Yeah, NOT!

Bierschneeman

you mentioned early how much the experience is worth to me.

for eating a gourmet chip 5$. in a world where i can buy pure capsicum (hottest scoville you can) what's the point.

in addition I have my own bhut jolokia plants, and a Trinidad, ghost, habenero etc blend in my fridge I made myself.

The original sale price on these chips is 6$ . they sold out, all these massive price gouged figures are people reselling to considerable profit.

one day the reaper will be dethroned and the experience worth less than remaining chips.

Bierschneeman

You seem a little irritated. Not my intent at all. This was just meant to be fun.
I'm not.

you convinced me to take another look. I'm telling you why it's still no. and if the price ever goes down to it's original price I'll definitely think about it, since that's close to what I'd expect to pay.

sorry if my side of the dialogue wasn't as clear in intent