I just bought...

moonspawn

Journeyed there and back again
I recently bought the Secret Book of Paradys by Tanith Lee and Viriconium by M. John Harrison. Both are reasonably priced omnibus's and right now Viriconium is only $1.99 for kindle at Amazon. Both of these should be really good and sophisticated. Oh I'm so excited!

Maark Abbott

The Bakakkening II:III: The Black Pearl Necklace.

Waterstones only had FOUR copies nationwide on release day with their suppliers which is very concerning. Orbit aren't a small publisher either.

afa

Just used Audible's 2-for-1 deal to get two Vorkosigan Saga novels by Lois McMaster Bujold - Shards of Honor and Barrayar, the first* two of the saga.

*They're not actually the first two in terms of publication, nor in terms of internal timeline. But they are the ones the author herself recommends readers start with.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Just used Audible's 2-for-1 deal to get two Vorkosigan Saga novels by Lois McMaster Bujold - Shards of Honor and Barrayar, the first* two of the saga.

*They're not actually the first two in terms of publication, nor in terms of internal timeline. But they are the ones the author herself recommends readers start with.
Is there a full author recommended reading order or just these two?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

afa

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
Just went to second hand bookstore and picked up
Red wall by Brian Jacques
Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Night Watch by Sergei Lukyaneko
Ready Player one by Ernest Cline
:D:p:)

jo zebedee

Actually Shards of Honour was her debut but Barrayar was a later book. I struggled with Shards but came to love the series.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I just bought two audiobooks. First one is

I think Kevin Hearne recommended it in one of his blog posts. Found it: https://kevinhearne.com/wake-of-vultures/
He reads other authors regularly and will from time to time make a list of books by other authors to check out. It's mainly urban fantasy which I enjoy, although this particular book is fantasy western.

The second book I got is a book that came out this year. It's SF, not fantasy.

The only thing I know about it is that it's about alternate realities. Also, never read anything by him, but couple of years back, our @sopranosfan read his Wayward Pines trilogy, and he enjoyed it as far as I remember. So I hope this new book will be at least decent.

Bill Door

Told lies with Locke
I just bought Glen Cook's 'The Tower of Fear'. I'm going to read it after I finish Foundation and Empire.

David Sims

Warded demons with Arlen

kenubrion

Thanks David. The reviews for the paperback volumes are very positive. I've downloaded the sample and I hope Mr. Hardy has great success with the Kindle editions. Seems like a real classic that is finally going to become well known.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
For Sinterklaas I got the four Science of Discworld novels. I think it was @kenubrion who recommended them to me. As I've noticed his reading tastes are quite similar to mine I am really happy with this cool gift.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I'd like to remind everyone that it is released tomorrow.
Thanks. I seem to remember the good guys being in a pretty tight spot at the end of the previous one so I think I will pre-order as well since I want to find out what happens.

Edit: I also just pre-ordered The Liberation by Ian Trigellis, book 3 in The Alchemy Wars (book 1 was The Mechanical, which a lot of forum members read). It also comes out tomorrow.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
@Placida: what did I deserve that for?