I just bought...

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Jon Snow, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

I've bought It by Stephen King as audiobook yesterday. It's over 44 hours :D

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. moonspawn

moonspawn Journeyed there and back again

I recently bought the Secret Book of Paradys by Tanith Lee and Viriconium by M. John Harrison. Both are reasonably priced omnibus's and right now Viriconium is only $1.99 for kindle at Amazon. Both of these should be really good and sophisticated. Oh I'm so excited!

3. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

The Bakakkening II:III: The Black Pearl Necklace.

Waterstones only had FOUR copies nationwide on release day with their suppliers which is very concerning. Orbit aren't a small publisher either.

4. afa

afa Journeyed there and back again

Just used Audible's 2-for-1 deal to get two Vorkosigan Saga novels by Lois McMaster Bujold - Shards of Honor and Barrayar, the first* two of the saga.

*They're not actually the first two in terms of publication, nor in terms of internal timeline. But they are the ones the author herself recommends readers start with.

5. Alucard

Is there a full author recommended reading order or just these two?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  6. afa

afa Journeyed there and back again

• Like Like x 1
  7. Placida

Placida Owns a Ring of Power

Just went to second hand bookstore and picked up
    Red wall by Brian Jacques
    Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
    Night Watch by Sergei Lukyaneko
    Ready Player one by Ernest Cline
    :D:p:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

Night Circus is a stunning read .. hope you enjoy :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

Really enjoyed this one. Hope you do too!

10. jo zebedee

jo zebedee Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

Actually Shards of Honour was her debut but Barrayar was a later book. I struggled with Shards but came to love the series.

11. Andrew.J

Andrew.J Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

I'm not sure if the thread is just for fantasy or not but I thought I'd share these two lovely books I bought yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    The covers are gorgeous.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alucard

I just bought two audiobooks. First one is
    [​IMG]
    I think Kevin Hearne recommended it in one of his blog posts. Found it: https://kevinhearne.com/wake-of-vultures/
    He reads other authors regularly and will from time to time make a list of books by other authors to check out. It's mainly urban fantasy which I enjoy, although this particular book is fantasy western.

The second book I got is a book that came out this year. It's SF, not fantasy.
    [​IMG]

The only thing I know about it is that it's about alternate realities. Also, never read anything by him, but couple of years back, our @sopranosfan read his Wayward Pines trilogy, and he enjoyed it as far as I remember. So I hope this new book will be at least decent.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bill Door

Bill Door Philosophizes with Kellhus

I just bought Glen Cook's 'The Tower of Fear'. I'm going to read it after I finish Foundation and Empire.

• Like Like x 2
  14. David Sims

David Sims Told lies with Locke

15. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Thanks David. The reviews for the paperback volumes are very positive. I've downloaded the sample and I hope Mr. Hardy has great success with the Kindle editions. Seems like a real classic that is finally going to become well known.

16. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

For Sinterklaas I got the four Science of Discworld novels. I think it was @kenubrion who recommended them to me. As I've noticed his reading tastes are quite similar to mine I am really happy with this cool gift.

17. Khartun

Khartun Journeyed there and back again

I just pre-ordered Wrath by John Gwynne.

I'd like to remind everyone that it is released tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sneaky Burrito

Sneaky Burrito Crazy Cat Lady Staff Member

Thanks. I seem to remember the good guys being in a pretty tight spot at the end of the previous one so I think I will pre-order as well since I want to find out what happens.

Edit: I also just pre-ordered The Liberation by Ian Trigellis, book 3 in The Alchemy Wars (book 1 was The Mechanical, which a lot of forum members read). It also comes out tomorrow.

19. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

@Placida: what did I deserve that for?

20. Placida

Placida Owns a Ring of Power

• Like Like x 1