I just bought...

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Jon Snow, Apr 18, 2009.

1. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

I just bought Shadowrise, volume three of Tad Williams' Shadowmarch series.

2. Hand of Fear

Hand of Fear Journeyed there and back again

I've been on a bit of a book bender and have bought these;

The Slow Regard of Silent Things
    The Painted Man
    The Dark Tower 3 The Waste Lands
    The Dark Tower 4 Wizard and Glass
    The Wind Through the Keyhole

For some reason The Wind Through the Keyhole was a little difficult to get hold of.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Didn't realise that Firebrand (Green Rider #6) was out so I had to snap it up.

4. Sneaky Burrito

Sneaky Burrito Crazy Cat Lady Staff Member

The author is kind of inconsistent/slow between books. I never read #5 because the spoilers sounded really dumb to me. If something changed, I would start back with this series.

5. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Book 5 actually worked well enough. It wasn't as good as Blackveil which so far has been the highlight of the series, but I enjoyed it anyway. I have a soft spot for this series.

6. paul james

paul james Mixes poisons and sharpens knives with Kylar

I tried to buy Memories Of Ice but unfortunately my local bookshop did not have. Going to order it online. I have been looking for a few months now for this but they always only seem to stock Gardens of The Moon and Deadhouse Gates. Does anybody else see the same thing as I am sure Ihave not seen any other Malazan books. This does not bother me as I always have something new in the house to read, I just would have liked to have bought and started it the same day.

7. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

My local Waterstones always seemed to stock the whole series. This was a few years back mind, so may have changed.

8. tripleoption

tripleoption Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon

The Burning Man series by Peter McLean.