I just bought...

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Jon Snow, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Given the context it appears Andrew is referring to the covers. This is because he's talking about the covers.

2. The bard`s song

The bard`s song Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon

I have ordered over the last weeks:

Crown of Stars complete series
    The Witcher Saga (books 1 - 7)
    Shattered Sea trilogy
    Book of Words trilogy

Right now I am going through Shadowplay so there are also 2 more Shadowmarch books after that.

I think I won't buy anything until 2019 :)

Somehow I am only interested in finished series (that have completely translated to German).
    The experience of reading a complete story without waiting is just so much better.

• Like Like x 3
  3. paul james

paul james Mixes poisons and sharpens knives with Kylar

I have just had a bit of a binge on book buying after my local bookstore harldy had anything I wanted. So the postman was busy. The problem with big fantasy books is they don't go through the letterbox, we need somebody to create a special large letterbox for avid fantasy readers.

Bought a horror collection by Richard Laymon.

WOT 2 The Great Hunt.

Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light.

And in anticipation of book 3 in novemeber I now have Words of Radiance Part 2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nuomer1

Nuomer1 Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Sod's Law!
    I am almost sure this is about to be a group read for some group on Goodreads - but I read it only about 6 months ago and even though it was great I don't want to re-read it again so soon, so I deleted the message . . . and do you think I can find out which group it was? Such is life! If I come across it, I will post here.

Edit . . .

Got it! Its here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/45059-sci-fi-and-heroic-fantasy at the moment, listed to start October 1st (at which point that link probably goes bad)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017 at 4:39 PM