Journeyed there and back again
Iron Gold on kindle!!!

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Oathbringer. Have the other two in hardback, so have to keep buying them hahaha

Darth Tater

I was thinking of “A” type of book which led to thinking of “B” type of book which led to thinking about series and author “C” which led to my looking up “D”. But instead of what I expected I found “E”.

So I purchased it. “E” being a 518 page anthology of 23 short stories by very famous fantasy authors. Unlike most anthologies I come across I actually recognized most of the authors including Brooks, Rothfuss, T. Williams, Carey, Brett, Salvatore, Abraham, Lawrence, Redick, Novik, Sullivan, and Jordan/Sanderson.

Some of the stories are said to be connected to familiar worlds like that of WOT. With a sticker price of $2.99 (It may be a temporary deal because book 2 is twice that price) how could I resist? The book is titled “Unfettered”.
The reviews on Amazon were quite positive. Hey, as a bonus, I just realized it covers at least three (3) boxes on @TomTB Challenge (although I can only use it for #50- the fantasy short stories).

Just in case it is a deal (I don’t think any of the stories had been previously published as they were written for charity purposes) here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Unfettered-Terry-Brooks-ebook/dp/B00DJJIR6S

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking of “A” type of book which led to thinking of “B” type of book which led to thinking about series and author “C” which led to my looking up “D”. But instead of what I expected I found “E”.

So I purchased it. “E” being a 518 page anthology of 23 short stories by very famous fantasy authors. Unlike most anthologies I come across I actually recognized most of the authors including Brooks, Rothfuss, T. Williams, Carey, Brett, Salvatore, Abraham, Lawrence, Redick, Novik, Sullivan, and Jordan/Sanderson.

Some of the stories are said to be connected to familiar worlds like that of WOT. With a sticker price of $2.99 (It may be a temporary deal because book 2 is twice that price) how could I resist? The book is titled “Unfettered”.
The reviews on Amazon were quite positive. Hey, as a bonus, I just realized it covers at least three (3) boxes on @TomTB Challenge (although I can only use it for #50- the fantasy short stories).

Just in case it is a deal (I don’t think any of the stories had been previously published as they were written for charity purposes) here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Unfettered-Terry-Brooks-ebook/dp/B00DJJIR6S
I bought Unfettered years ago but never got around to reading it. I might join you reading it :)

Travis

Might as well be a Malazan regular
I find myself in that familiar place where I buy a few books on a seemingly weekly basis - mostly completing series that I have some of the volumes of. Most recently, I purchased books 2 and 3 in GGK's Fionavar Tapestry, a new set of UK paperbacks of the Mistborn Trilogy (because by god those UK covers are glorious), and The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin.

Darth Tater

I googled “Best fantasy books 2017”. Many of the books I saw while perusing the sites are books you guys have been talking about so I will look into those. But one book caught my attention. Under The Pendulum Sun by Jeanettr Ng. No typo. NG sounds like a movie rating. I couldn’t resist. It received excellent reviews. Whoever illustrated or conceived the idea for the tacky cartoon book cover needs to be blindfolded, given a cigarette, and stood against a wall and shot. No. That’s wrong. They don’t deserve the cigarette.

I’m excited. Is anyone here faniliar with it?

jo zebedee

I've just been sad enough to go get the 6th book in Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series. It's so full of tropes, I'm moderately ashamed of myself, but I do love the characters....

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've just been sad enough to go get the 6th book in Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series. It's so full of tropes, I'm moderately ashamed of myself, but I do love the characters....
Have you picked up the latest St Mary's book Jo? I'll be starting it fairly soon I'm sure.

Bill Door

Told lies with Locke
Emperor of Thorn's by Mark Lawrence. I have now bought all three with the first one in nov 2015. I decided it was time to to finally get to the trilogy so I'm going to start it after I finish The Amulet.

kenubrion

Emperor of Thorn's by Mark Lawrence. I have now bought all three with the first one in nov 2015. I decided it was time to to finally get to the trilogy so I'm going to start it after I finish The Amulet.
Did you like Witchwood Crown, Bill? I pre-ordered it but haven't started yet.

Bill Door

Told lies with Locke
Did you like Witchwood Crown, Bill? I pre-ordered it but haven't started yet.
Yeah, I thought it was very good. It was really character interaction oriented which was the best aspect of the original trilogy. Having reread the original before I read this I found that it could get a bit long winded at times. I didn't find Witchwood Crown had any of those kind of issues and was paced much better.