Introductions!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. I'm far from an old member of the forum, as you can tell from my paltry credits but I'm usually around. I have been welcomed since joining and most people are friendly and helpful (but watch out for Tom, he's from England and he's been a little cranky since the World Cup;):pompus::greyalien:)
YOU SHUT UP! ;)

atheling

A Poet of the Khaiem
Hi, My name's Zach. I'm fifteen, and totally in love with reading. In fact, I've been reading since age three. For me, books are an escape from my troubled childhood. They allow me to leave the world behind and join a new one, even if it's only for a little while. I'm a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy, but I'll read anything I can get my hands on. Books are scarce in my house so I spend most of my free time at the library, it's my home away from home. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and hope I can get to know you better!

guilty_as_charged
I will welcome you too even though I am new here too.

Ser Pounce

Journeyed there and back again
Hey everybody, my name is Chris, 26, and I'm from New Jersey(hold the jokes:stop:). I've always been a bit of a casual reader but after reading ASOIAF a couple years ago, I've been engrossed in the Fantasy genre. I'm currently reading the beginning of the Realms of the Elderlings series (only midway through Royal Assassin). I've recently read Name of the Wind and A Wise Man's Fear, along with The Winds of the Forelands(that I seen recommended here) and really enjoyed both.

Looking forward to diving in and keeping myself busy reading great fantasy while I await the 6th and 3rd books of ASOIAF and Kingkiller Chronicles, respectively. I've already amassed quite the To Read list but will certainly explore the forums for more opinions and recommendations. To name a few in the queue: The Gentlemen Bastards by Scott Lynch, The Long Price Quartet & The Dagger and Coin Quintet by Daniel Abraham, The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, The Stormlight Archives and Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, The Dresden Files & Codex Alera by Jim Butcher, and many more.

Yes, Ser Pounce can read. He's just that damn awesome. Besides reading, I enjoy television and video games. The SNES and N64 will always hold a place in my childhood gaming heart. The good old days of my parents asking their six year old son to beat a level(or most of the game;)) of SMB3 for them. I have a weak spot for Reese's peanut butter cups, am a fanatic sports fan to the detriment of my blood pressure, and I totally watch The Best of The Joy of Painting because Bob Ross. Heh, don't mind me. Carry on....

Last edited:

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
Looking forward to diving in and keeping myself busy reading great fantasy while I await the 6th and 3rd books of ASOIAF and Kingkiller Chronicles, respectively. ...
Well, that might actually take a while, so good to see that your reading list is otherwise well filled.

Like most others, I really like your name! Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,
Andy

J P Ashman

Stood on the wall with Druss
Hi folks,

Pleased to meet you all.

I'm Jonathan, 33 and live rurally in the UK.

I've been following the site's twitter account for some time and promising to make the forum leap. So here I am.

I love reading fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, mystery (like Dan Brown) and modern warfare.
Also love motorbikes (especially British Superbikes), hiking, wildlife, my pets (Corn snake Bella, polecats Maverick and Goose), gaming (40k), scuba diving and snowboarding.

I'm very proud to be releasing my debut epic fantasy novel on 10th Jan 2015, on amazon. It's been a long process and a steep learning curve, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum and community.

Last edited:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi folks,

Pleased to meet you all.

I'm Jonathan, 33 and live rurally in the UK.

I've been following the site's twitter account for some time and promising to make the forum leap. So here I am.

I love readinf fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, mystery (like Dan Brown) and modern warfare.

I'm very proud to be releasing my debut epic fantasy novel on 10th Jan 2015, on amazon. It's been a long process and a steep learning curve, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum and community.
Welcome on board!

And God bless our twitter account, it's so fantastically run at the moment :)

J P Ashman

Stood on the wall with Druss
Thanks Tom. Yes, it certainly is!