Introductions!

J P Ashman

Stood on the wall with Druss
Thanks Tom, appreciate that.

Haha... UK FTW!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's almost a plethora of us now! We could soon take on those yankie doodles 5-a-side!

J P Ashman

Stood on the wall with Druss
Ah...wrong shaped ball for me in 5-a-side. I'd give it a shot though and try not to pick up the ball heh...

HeroineOfCanton

Downed a vial of metals
Hello, everyone. I just joined up this morning, thanks to some persistent hard work from TomTB. (Thanks!)

For introducing myself, it's probably quickest to just use what I put in my profile. I'm a librarian who came to fantasy late in life. About a dozen years ago, my husband (then fiance) hooked me with LOTR, and I've been playing catch up on the genre ever since. And even though I've read Tolkien, I still feel perpetually behind and there are a million classics I haven't read. Still, I love fantasy, enough in fact to spend most of my free time writing fantasy novels with my husband.

A far as current authors:

Patrick Rothfuss was the first author I made a specific trip to meet.

Brandon Sanderson pisses me off and amazes me in equal measure. (Speaking of being perpetually behind, I can't keep up!)

Joe Abercrombie is my lord and master.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello, everyone. I just joined up this morning, thanks to some persistent hard work from TomTB. (Thanks!)

For introducing myself, it's probably quickest to just use what I put in my profile. I'm a librarian who came to fantasy late in life. About a dozen years ago, my husband (then fiance) hooked me with LOTR, and I've been playing catch up on the genre ever since. And even though I've read Tolkien, I still feel perpetually behind and there are a million classics I haven't read. Still, I love fantasy, enough in fact to spend most of my free time writing fantasy novels with my husband.

Brandon Sanderson pisses me off and amazes me in equal measure. (Speaking of being perpetually behind, I can't keep up!)

Hooray, glad you finally made it =) Welcome on board, hope you enjoy the forums! You obviously have good taste, Joe A is the biz!

Khartun

Journeyed there and back again

Welcome! Abercrombie is one of my favorites as well. Hope you enjoy the board! Don't be bashful.

Boreas

Staff member

Hi and fun nick. Sounds like the title of an intrepid and plucky character out of a Chinese fable. I'm a fan of Abercrombie's books myself. Having only read a single Sanderson title, I'd say I'm disinclined to pick up any more, especially given other options that are available. I got hooked with LotR, too.

Boreas

Staff member

João Ribeiro

HeroineOfCanton

Downed a vial of metals
Which Abercrombie book is the name from?
Oh sorry. I'm just not being clear all over the place. Heroine of Canton is a play on Hero of Canton, a Firefly reference, because I cut my forum teeth, as it were, on various Serenity and Browncoat boards. Since my favorite Joe Abercrombie is The Heroes, I thought the name would transition well.