Introductions!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gave you a like instead. :D

How does fatherhood become you? I was quite apprehensive at first, before the baby was born ("my life is over now. Am I ready to be a dad? I'm too young!"), but ever since she was born I absolutely love it.It's immensely rewarding and I didn't know that it was possible to love someone so much.
It's awesome, best thing in the world ... loving every second of it :)

wakarimasen

Journeyed there and back again
Tempovore: A creature of vast psychic powers which disguises itself as a human infant. The tempovore hypnotises it's prey and devours time from them. Victims have often been known to look at the creature's eyes, shocked that it is theirs, and suddenly lose 20 minutes of their life.

I have 3.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Tempovore: A creature of vast psychic powers which disguises itself as a human infant. The tempovore hypnotises it's prey and devours time from them. Victims have often been known to look at the creature's eyes, shocked that it is theirs, and suddenly lose 20 minutes of their life.

I have 3.
That sounds...daunting.

Griffin

I'm also new to this forum. My name is Berry, I'm a 29 year old System Administrator from the Netherlands. I'm married to my lovely wife Vivienne and I've got a 4 month old daughter called Caitlin. My interests are reading (duh), history, fitness, football, indoor football, karate and drinking beer with my friends.
Welcome! You've already participated in many threads which I can only encourage! Greetings from neighbourly Flanders ;-)

My condolences. I hope you will feel better soon.

I'm also new to this forum. My name is Berry, I'm a 29 year old System Administrator from the Netherlands. I'm married to my lovely wife Vivienne and I've got a 4 month old daughter called Caitlin. My interests are reading (duh), history, fitness, football, indoor football, karate and drinking beer with my friends.
Thanks i truly appreciate your condolences :) I love football and fitness too. What kind of training do you participate in?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Thanks i truly appreciate your condolences :) I love football and fitness too. What kind of training do you participate in?
For football: I play 1 indoor football match a week (wednesday evening) and 1 regular football match (saturday morning). I don't train for this anymore (my schedule is too busy for that).
For fitness: I work out 5 times a week (4 fitness days and 1 bootcamp day). I've been doing this for over 10 years now (I'm 29). I'm currently doing an 8-week schedule of pyramid sets (2 muscle groups a day, 4 sets per muscle group. First set 12 reps of a relatively low weight, second set 10 reps of a slightly heavier weight and so forth).

How about you?

That's great I play football in door and outdoor, but lately its been outdoor with my friends, brothers, and anyone who is out there. I try to workout as many times a week as possible sometimes its 3 sometimes its 7. I do all sorts of training, after 2-3 years of doing p90x, insanity, weight lifting, body weight (pushups, pull-ups, dips, jump squats, etc.), stability and balance, I finally came to one conclusion all kinds of training are necessary. So I am currently lifting weight, i do cardio outside (sports, playing with siblings) or P90x3, stretch, A little bit of barbell training, All kinds of body weight exercises. I aim 10-12 reps, light and heavy weight (a mix of both is always great). It's nice to see older people working out...honestly so many of my older cousins and friends at your age have given up, grown a gut (beer belly), and aren't that happy anymore. Keep at it!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
That's great I play football in door and outdoor, but lately its been outdoor with my friends, brothers, and anyone who is out there. I try to workout as many times a week as possible sometimes its 3 sometimes its 7. I do all sorts of training, after 2-3 years of doing p90x, insanity, weight lifting, body weight (pushups, pull-ups, dips, jump squats, etc.), stability and balance, I finally came to one conclusion all kinds of training are necessary. So I am currently lifting weight, i do cardio outside (sports, playing with siblings) or P90x3, stretch, A little bit of barbell training, All kinds of body weight exercises. I aim 10-12 reps, light and heavy weight (a mix of both is always great). It's nice to see older people working out...honestly so many of my older cousins and friends at your age have given up, grown a gut (beer belly), and aren't that happy anymore. Keep at it!
29 is "older people?"

I've done P90X3 twice and P90X twice, all in my 30s...

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Ran my last marathon at 30.
How did you train? I could never run because I don't know how to breath and run. Apparently my body has decided that is too complicated. In first min of running I get horrible abdomen pain.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
"Older people". Thanks, I guess :(

Anyhow, I've always found weight lifting to be a great stress relief. It breaks down the cortisol really well, so I try to work-out on a daily basis. I'm more focussed on body-building when at the gym. Cardio comes from karate practice, football and running. Althouygh I must say, bootcamp is a great way to combine weight-lifting with cardio. Normally I am not one for fads (anybody remember Rumba, Bootcamp Billy, Tai-Bo etc), but bootcamp is different somehow.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I thought Terry Pratchett at 66 wasn't old. You got to be at least 80 in my book to be old. But hey maybe my standards need adjusting.
My parents will be 66 this year so I tend not to think of that as old, either.

wakarimasen

@Alucard I know what you mean. I'm not exactly a natural runner, never mastered the breathing in any other way than sounding like a baboon having an asthma attack. I ignored all the advice and just did a lot of running on a treadmill, often watching episodes of Murder, She Wrote or watching music vids. My mind needs to be elsewhere while my body is going through that rubbish. Marathon took me 5 hours - my body disintegrated at about 21 miles. Glad I did it but never again. Nowadays my exercise is about flying my kids round the room or - my new guilty pleasure- sticking my Bluetooth headphones on and going to the "dad disco" with lady waks https://soundcloud.com/lady-waks :headphone::headphone::headphone:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Nice i did twice as well! At one point i was talking with Tony, because i memorized all of the lines haha..
Yes, and some of them are really cheesy...

"Older people". Thanks, I guess :(

Anyhow, I've always found weight lifting to be a great stress relief. It breaks down the cortisol really well, so I try to work-out on a daily basis. I'm more focussed on body-building when at the gym. Cardio comes from karate practice, football and running. Althouygh I must say, bootcamp is a great way to combine weight-lifting with cardio. Normally I am not one for fads (anybody remember Rumba, Bootcamp Billy, Tai-Bo etc), but bootcamp is different somehow.
I didn't mean it in a grandpa kind of way haha...my bad ;D I agree with you on the weight lifting, when i get in the moment and lift a barbell or dumbbells, It relieves so much stress. I have never done boot camp or karate practice, but , ever since i was a kid i wanted to do it. Ill have to give it a shot sometime.
29 is "older people?"

I've done P90X3 twice and P90X twice, all in my 30s...
and I meant older than me, not as old farts lol. Cheesy lines indeed :)

Last edited: