Introductions!

ExTended

Journeyed there and back again
Is it too late for an introduction?

My name is Sotir, although many of my online( at first) friends know me as Mat( my favorite literature character - WoT fanboy here, big time :p ).

I am in the wrong side of my mid twenties, but since I am trying to stay away from too much drinking and smoking and such... it's fine. Instead I like to pretend that I am sophisticated person by reading books, working hard, spending quality time with my family and my friends, and participating in cool forums revolving around my interests, like this one. I love participating in thrilling sport events like playing cards, billiard/pool, video games and such.

I like to think of myself as a competent marketer and that's how I earn my bread and butter nowadays - doing marketing stuff for clients or for my small business projects. I am also trying to put being a fantasy writer into my biography - as of now it's more wishful thinking than anything else, I suppose the main reason being that I am not hungry enough, but I know it will happen eventually, when the time is right. In the meantime I am happy working what I am working, because it's both rewarding and quite convenient, since I am working from home and enjoying many, many books while doing so. The perfect line of work for any lazy bastard and I am as lazy bastard as they can get. :p

Things like human phychology, social dynamics and body language fascinate me, so I am devoting a fair amount of time on them. Hopefully I'd be able to make use of them in my fantasy books. For instance every time a person tugs his braid, it`s a body language sign that the series needs one more book until it's complete. I am good!

I also have two dogs - cute things, most of the time.

So all in all - I am as boring as can be and I like spending my time with my family and also with people who too love to have a comfortably boring lives themselves. because why not...

EDIT: Oh, yeah! As a former owner of a liquor shop( coz I was too young to buy an inn at the time!) I am a firm believer that you could tell much about a person from his favorite drinks. Mine would be: whiskey, beer, wine, cider and cognac in that order. And a lot of soda drinks to wash em up. :p

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Is it too late for an introduction?

My name is Sotir, although many of my online( at first) friends know me as Mat( my favorite literature character - WoT fanboy here, big time :p ).

I am in the wrong side of my mid twenties, but since I am trying to stay away from too much drinking and smoking and such... it's fine. Instead I like to pretend that I am sophisticated person by reading books, working hard, spending quality time with my family and my friends, and participating in cool forums revolving around my interests, like this one. I love participating in thrilling sport events like playing cards, billiard/pool, video games and such.

I like to think of myself as a competent marketer and that's how I earn my bread and butter nowadays - doing marketing stuff for clients or for my small business projects. I am also trying to put being a fantasy writer into my biography - as of now it's more wishful thinking than anything else, I suppose the main reason being that I am not hungry enough, but I know it will happen eventually, when the time is right. In the meantime I am happy working what I am working, because it's both rewarding and quite convenient, since I am working from home and enjoying many, many books while doing so. The perfect line of work for any lazy bastard and I am as lazy bastard as they can get. :p

Things like human phychology, social dynamics and body language fascinate me, so I am devoting a fair amount of time on them. Hopefully I'd be able to make use of them in my fantasy books. For instance every time a person tugs his braid, it`s a body language sign that the series needs one more book until it's complete. I am good!

I also have two dogs - cute things, most of the time.

So all in all - I am as boring as can be and I like spending my time with my family and also with people who too love to have a comfortably boring lives themselves. because why not...

EDIT: Oh, yeah! As a former owner of a liquor shop( coz I was too young to buy an inn at the time!) I am a firm believer that you could tell much about a person from his favorite drinks. Mine would be: whiskey, beer, wine, cider and cognac in that order. And a lot of soda drinks to wash em up. :p
Er, welcome I suppose? ;)

Jaden_Diamondknight

Hung out on a briar with Honorable Jorg
Greetings, fellow members. My name is Jaden Diamondknight. Nice to meet you all~. (I'm from Mexico, so english isn't my first language. Forgive me if some of my words feel a bit dyslexic... )

Where do I begin...? I think I should start from the very beginning...

I was like (roughly) nine or eight years old when this happened. My older cousins brought up with them their Nintendo GameCube and Super Smash Brothers Melee. During a long period of time, I just played the living hell out of that game, at the point I couldn't take the idea out of my head. I spent a lot of my free time on elementary just daydreaming about making my own story with all those characters, plus some from other series. I even went out of my way to make a role-playing group about that. Bit it wasn't enough... I wanted more. I started writing basic concepts about those characters joining forces to fight a greater evil than they could grasp. But then... I bumped into a wall. I realized that dream could end up becoming a nightmare; those stories were too different from the stoires from each individual character from their different world, and -the most important one- I would end up being hated for breaking those beloved characters, transforming then into something they aren't. I immediately shoot down that set of stories and movel on with my life. During my time on highschool, I learned and felt inlove with another stoires, characters and settings... but I couldn't bring myself back to write my own twisted fantasy.

Several years later, that "spark" came back. I wanted to make my own story, with my own characters, in my own setting. What started as a Super Smash Bros. fanfiction, became a completely new idea. But... the fear of faliure is still there. Several years of reading/seeing/playing bad fiction increased my fear of being like those "hack writers".

I came here with the intention of self-improvement and learning even more, breaking away any self-doubts and the fear of failure. Now that I finished my very first manuscript, I want to learn how to improve it, and the future novels I want to write.

I hope you guys can help me and I can be friends with everyone here. If you want to talk to me about anything, you can do it. I'll be glad.

Thanks for your attention.

S. K. Inkslinger

Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon
Hello everyone! My pen name is S. K. Inkslinger and I am a first year university student. I love reading great works of fantasy, and right now my favorite authors pretty much lies in the styles of Brandon Sanderson, Brent Weeks, and Patrick Rothfuss. I also love writing, and have written up some short stories in my free time. I am let here by Allan Batchelder, whom I had known from another site, and had followed people's mentionings of the Bestfantasy books on Goodreads until I'm at this site.

It's great to meet all of you, and I hope that I could make some new friends here! :)

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Thank you peeps! I'm a muggle now apparently. I'm wondering, are there a list on how the post and title thing works? ;)
There is no list, but it depends on how many posts you have and how many likes/dislikes you get.

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
I just said it in the chat, but adding for good measure, welcome Inkslinger. I recognise you from FF, nice to see you here.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello everyone! My pen name is S. K. Inkslinger and I am a first year university student. I love reading great works of fantasy, and right now my favorite authors pretty much lies in the styles of Brandon Sanderson, Brent Weeks, and Patrick Rothfuss. I also love writing, and have written up some short stories in my free time. I am let here by Allan Batchelder, whom I had known from another site, and had followed people's mentionings of the Bestfantasy books on Goodreads until I'm at this site.

It's great to meet all of you, and I hope that I could make some new friends here! :)
Welcome on board !

R.E.M. Verberg

A farm boy with a sword
Hi! I just signed up for these forums today and now, thanks to Silvion Night, I have found the accompanying introductions thread.

Short bio: I'm a writer. Also a writing coach, occasional dog walker, pizza baker and vintage clothes salesperson - but writing is both my job and biggest love. One day, I hope to publish a book all my own (okay, preferably a series, but let's not get our hopes up too high). For now, I earn my money writing for other people's businesses.

I live in The Netherlands with my partner and our fat black cat named Mina. Apart from writing, I enjoy (race) cycling, gardening, knitting, reading, evenings with friends and dancing. I'm what you would call an extraverted introvert: judging by my hobbies I'm an old lady, but then I surprise you and turn into that person you have to sweep out after the party has long ended.

I'm here to share my passion for reading fantasy books and in the long run maybe help some other aspiring authors with my coaching skills. Hope to meet many of you along the way!